• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet 500

Moparman2

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Thank you for the add. I recently bought a 65 Coronet 500 and love it. I need some help. My engine block is a 440,# is 2536430-9. Can anybody help me with the year of this engine based on that? Thanks in advance.

I have a 500 also. Welcome. Somewhere I have casting number books but it will take a while to get to them. My car had a 440 in it when I bought it too. Where is Lakemoor?

A mile or so away from the Pacific Ocean. South end of the bay by Morro Bay.

Welcome from Alabama, there are 2 other places to look. There is a stamp pad on the block to the driver's side of the intake and possibly a stamp pad on the passenger's side pan rail around the engine mount. Also a casting date on the passenger's side of the block.

This shot is off my deck looking at the south side of "The Rock" in Morro Bay. Just under 5 miles away as the Crow flies.

3163513A-BE42-4DC9-AB79-C29B96318D9D.jpeg

Welcome from Alabama, there are 2 other places to look. There is a stamp pad on the block to the driver's side of the intake and possibly a stamp pad on the passenger's side pan rail around the engine mount. Also a casting date on the passenger's side of the block.
Thanks for your help, I can’t make out the numbers on the pad in front of the intake and the numbers on the passenger side of the block is 2536430-9. I will try to check out the 3rd option. Thanks again for your help.

Welcome from Missouri!! I own a 65 440 coronet, I like them myself!

Auto Transport Service
Back