• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet Radiator

RallyeGreen

Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Looking for an OEM stlye radiator for my Coronet. Are they seriously 500 bucks?

Wish that was true ,had radiator recored on my 63 Sport Fury A/C car for $650.just last week.

WOW! I had mine at a radiator shop last week also, he called me and said it was trashed and I was better off getting a new one, but they cost atleast $500. I dont understand? Why so much? I figured he could recore it for atleast $200?

Must be the price of copper.It took two tries to get correct core for my radiator.ERS raditor in Glen Burnie did fantastic job looks like stock.

The cores themselves cost the shop $300 + depending on size. You do the math. In my metro area of 1.5 mil, I know of only 4 shops that will do copper rads.

Had mine from my 64 Belvedere recored, also upgraded from a 2 row to a 3 row. cost me close to $600.00
done by Jim's Radiator in Point Pleasant, New Jersey Best place to take a leak

I too was shocked at cost..It is Copper not Gold, Right?

Why not just get an aluminum radiator and paint it black?

Why not just get an aluminum radiator and paint it black?
Just figured an OEM would cost less than a aluminum. And I'm not a fan of al radiators. But I found an original that I had hiding in the garage, completley forgot about it lol..

I hear ya, done stuff along the same lines. Glad to hear it all worked out.

Auto Transport Service
Back