• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 fury

weezle98

Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but is a 65 plymouth fury 3 considered a, b body car. Mine has a 318 poly with auto. I have 66 satellite with a 440 4 speedIin want to put in the fury. With the 440 bolt right in to the poly engine mounts? Any info will be helpful. Thank u

Sorry but the Fury is a c body. and no the 318 poly will not bolt directly in.

What do i have to change to put the 440 in? I have only had 66 b body's and up. Will I have to change out the whole front sub fram?

The "K" is the same ,just use big block motor mounts . You will need a BB trans. Plumbing will differ a little. Wiring too. Piece of cake ,I just did a 66 the same way.

Ok. So the first reply the guy said it won't work, you said it will. I have the bb 4speed, and 440. The wiring and plumbing is not a big deal. The bb motor mounts will bolt right in to the k that's already in the 65 fury? Will it sit in the right position as far as front to back and what headers will i have to use? B body or c body?

- - - Updated - - -

The 65 doesn't have a k frame. It's a sub frame like a gm vehicle

as someone that owns a 65 Fury and a 66 Charger. The 65 Fury is hard to find parts for. So if your Satellite is in good shape and complete. i would put your time and effort into the Satellite. Most of the time people take the engine and transmission from C-Bodies to go into other Mopars. Not the other way around.

best of luck

It will drop right in you just need to use the 440 motor mounts.You can use B or C body headers.

Is that good enough for ya junk?

You may need a different oil pan.????

440 will bolt in but you need the specific 1965 B/RB engine mounts. Also, you will need specific C-body headers unles you use 'shorty headers or HP exhaust manifolds.
The 65 C-body B/RB mount on the driver side is diffeerent than most others in that it bolts to the front 'corner' of the engine block (I think the 66 was revised but I am uncertain) In fact, the 65 C-body engine mount is the same one used for the 68/69 A-body with big blocks.
Check the attached picture for where the mount bolts to the engine.

65c-6769abosses.jpg

Most 383 blocks have these pads, not all 440 engines have them.

I am not really certain ablut the oil pans. I know that there is one specific to the C-body platform.

Thank you. This is my first c body build. So I'm not to familiar with them. I have done several b bodies. Wanted a 65 bellivideare, but found the fury instead. Thanks for the info. I'll be back with more questions

You may want to head over to ForCBodiesOnly.com. Lots of knowledgeable people on FBBO and FCBO. Between the 2 you should be covered.

Ok. So the first reply the guy said it won't work, you said it will. I have the bb 4speed, and 440. The wiring and plumbing is not a big deal. The bb motor mounts will bolt right in to the k that's already in the 65 fury? Will it sit in the right position as far as front to back and what headers will i have to use? B body or c body?

- - - Updated - - -

The 65 doesn't have a k frame. It's a sub frame like a gm vehicle

Sorry 98, I said it would not bolt directly in, as mounts etc are different, but I did not say it would not work. If you have enough MacGyver ability all things will work. Good luck, lots of help here....

Also rb engine were available in the 65 fury so we know it will work with the right stuff.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back