• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'65 REAR GLASS

Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score
I have been looking to buy a new rear window for a '65 Coronet 2 door hardtop.
Anyone know where I can purchase one? I already have two used windows that are marked up. It seems like new are not available. I hope I am wrong.
Please help
Rick

No one makes the rear windows! used is all there is! Unless you get really lucky and can find an N.O.S one

I just got the first prototype rear window for my 64 post car. AMD is going to be making all the side and rear glass for the 64/65 cars. Call Joe Suchy.

Keep us updated on fit and finish.

Keep us updated on fit and finish.
AMD test fitted there glass on some of Joe's cars. The back glass I have looks great and was installed on one of his original cars before I got it. The glass does have the penstar markings on them but they will not have date codes.

Thanks for the help guys. My car was done on a rotisserie so it's a pretty decent car. I hate to put a window in it that is marked up. I bought one the other day but it has lots of marks on it. My original has what looks like water spots that won't come off.
Thanks again I'll give Joe a call

You can also wet sand with soap/water....start at 1000 and go up to 3000 then you can polish it. It worked great on my 64' Polara 500.

Well I got one. Picked it up today. RVW thanks for the tip.
I think someone sent me a PM ? If so sorry but I deleted it before I got to check it. I'm not used to this site yet.
Thanks

khryslerkid
I live too far from Joe to drive there so I had it shipped closer to me and picked it up at the shipping dock.
Update---------------------------
So last night I had the rear glass installed. I fits great and looks just as good. The installers were very impressed with the window.
Thank you to everyone who helped

This is great information,glad AMD is making rear windows,,,but where are they located and how can we get hold of them/. THANKS

I bought another used window from a guy. I bought it in a hurry on the way to a swap meet. I shouldn't have bought it. It was junk too. The window I got was from AMD. It looks awesome and fits like it should. I'm very happy with it. It came in a large box with all kinds of packaging to protect the glass. It wasn't going to get hurt in the box. I had it shipped to Michigan with no problems.
I should add that the original glass is tempered but this repop is laminated. That didn't cause a problem at all. I had a couple of buddies in the glass business install it all went well...

Auto Transport Service
Back