• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 65 steering column base shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
I’m working on a customer’s 65 Satellite. Lots of mismatched butchery over the years. I believe it has a different year column installed because the plate that is at the base of the column does not match the firewall fixed nuts. So I’m looking for a plate that aligns with the firewall. Here are pictures of what is going on.

167E3691-FCA4-49A8-B88F-4FB603499C6F.jpeg

8A8DF1FD-04C0-4FC8-AF6E-D680A2C5758E.jpeg

F63C910F-B4B1-4B62-BD88-2CA5283858A4.jpeg

D2EEDDA4-25B4-4116-ACFE-C169E2005766.jpeg

Man that is a mess. That conduit thru the firewall is wrong and the plate looks wrong too. Hard to tell. Is the main hole in the firewall butchered up also? If no one else seds you any pics, I will. I have 2 65 Bs.
Mike

Man that is a mess. That conduit thru the firewall is wrong and the plate looks wrong too. Hard to tell. Is the main hole in the firewall butchered up also? If no one else seds you any pics, I will. I have 2 65 Bs.
Mike
You couldn’t conceive of all the butchered stuff on the car. If you can send a few pics maybe that could get the ball rolling.

Mike
The firewall hole does not appear abused.

Mike
Is that middle plate that bolts to firewall even supposed to be there?

I'll have to find the pics of the one on my 65 Belvedere. Mine has a two-piece plate that covers the hole. Mine is a column shift automatic with the cable shift trans. It's two pieces because the end of the column is pretty big with the cable mechanism there.
I think what you have might be correct, but both pieces should be inside the car.

I'll have to find the pics of the one on my 65 Belvedere. Mine has a two-piece plate that covers the hole. Mine is a column shift automatic with the cable shift trans. It's two pieces because the end of the column is pretty big with the cable mechanism there.
I think what you have might be correct, but both pieces should be inside the car.
Right the smaller one is still on the column mine is off a 65 Belvedere I pulled it myself it’s factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back