• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 belvedere/satellite/gtx project vehcile costs?

rcb

Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
although I've been planning on buying my barracuda back, I've also been keeping an eye out for a 66/67 belvedere wagon. In the process I've come across a few 67 GTXs. They range all over in price. What would be the going rate for a complete rolling example that is only in need of sheet metal?

Sheet metal for the slab-side cars can be expensive and/or non-existent. The 66-67 b-bodies are probably the best cars to buy finished. Lower value, yet more expensive to restore.

Additionally the aluminum and pot metal trim can be expensive to restore. When I bought mine 15 years ago there weren't any repro tail light bezels, tail panels, grills, etc. Now, most of that stuff is being reproduced - not sure of the quality however. As said above, not much body metal available so buy as rust free a car as you can find. I spent several years browsing salvage yards and Ebay gathering parts for mine. Mechanically there isn't anything unique about them.

Good info. I did notice that nice drivers seemed to be reasonably priced.

I got mine for a song but it is missing all the interior. Real gtx though and the frame is in amazing shape. I am not restoring to original but if I were doing that I would not pick a 66-67. It requires too much. Go 68-70, all the sheet metal is available from AMD. I search Craigslist in a 600 mile radius for 67 parts. Its fun..but I have a running b body so I can build this slowly and keep from spending money on new parts without getting pissed off I can't drive my mopar. This way I can work on one mopar and drive another. My wife hates me...

I just happen to like the 66-67 much better. Since the guy I sold my barracuda to decided to raise his price at the last moment (for me to buy it back), I decided to look around a bit first.

I just happen to like the 66-67 much better. Since the guy I sold my barracuda to decided to raise his price at the last moment (for me to buy it back), I decided to look around a bit first.
Then there is no substitute. I don't see wagons come up for sale often. 67 gtx you can find ex race cars for around 8-12k. Sometimes partially restored up to 15k. Belvedere/satellite you can find below 5k with all the key parts jus rough. AMD makes inner fenders and lower quarters, trunk and floor pans. Chrysler sold a lot of these cars so you can find parts but it gets harder every day as more go to the scrapyard. The 66-67 have a lot of specialty trim. Budget about 10k and you can find a nice car mostly complete with money leftover for unforeseen needs.

Thank you. Yeah the wagons seem to be elusive. I imagine most already found their way to the crusher years ago.

The 67/66 plymouths including GTX are a bit more expensive than their counterparts...R/T...coronets.....Your question is vague in that you want a guesstimate on a perfect car missing driveline ?? Most cases if it's not perfect and missing a driveline....it needs more...You can get a finished coronet...depending on model and driveline for under 10k...most are around 15k give or take except R/T

Finished is a relative term. None of my finished cars have be built for under 40K. Most are around 100. Good paint is 10K and up.

Plymouth stuff has always been easier for me to find, as far as 66-67's go.

finished is "relative"....I'm not into correct hoses...clips....# match...10k paint...etc...I drive mine to Home Depot or whatever in dry weather...and a damaged 10k paint job would make me unhappy....My car looks good in pictures or in person and 'good" is fine with me

I don't have correct anything on my cars. I hate that "numbers" thing.

I agree...as long as the frame/floors/trunk are solid

This 66 Coronet wagon was still available last I knew. Disassembled for paint, but no metal work needed. 17K mile actual mile car in Jacksonville, FL. Very nice interior. Missing some minor parts, kickdown linkage etc.
With all the people looking for wagons, I am amazed nobody has snatched this up in three years.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...t-440-wagon-rust-free-17k-actual-miles.67626/

I have a 67 GTX that is about finished. I have stupid money in the car, easily twice what it is worth. If I knew then what I know now I would have picked something that had sheet metal available such as:
Quarters
Door Skins
Fenders
Hood
Trunk Lid
Outer Wheel Houses
The 67 GTX has a lot of chrome and stainless trim.
Since the 67 was pretty low production and not a lot of folks are restoring Satellites and Belvederes, reproduction parts are pretty scarce as compared to say a 68/69 Roadrunner.
On the other hand, there are a lot of 68/69 Roadrunners around and not so many 67 GTX's. I am pretty much the only 67 GTX at about any car show I attend. It is not unusual to see four or five 68/69 Roadrunners.

This is my pick, it's in Connecticut and is a clone done right. Everything is GTX except for the VIN stamp, including the 150mph speedo.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5522886411.html

12.5k not bad IMO. Probably room to negotiate.

The price is right if the car is solid, but I would not necessarily call it a clone done right. Trunk panel, taillight bezels and gas cap not correct for a GTX. Missing sill moldings and wheelwell chrome on a GTX. No right side pentastar and American flags instead. Must have been going for a Silver Bullet look. I would not touch anything with a vinyl top that showed any signs of rust underneath whatsoever. Vinyl tops are just places for serious rust issues to hide.

Yes that is true. Hard to tell from the pictures if there is red tint in the tail bezels or finish panel. The panel looks like it is sport satellite and not belvedere because it appears to have fins and not flat like the bel. You too can buy a NOS gtx finish panel, its only 3500 on eBay! I can't see signs of rust. The front end sounds interesting, coilovers?

I bought my 66 ply 383/4 speed for $1900. with with all interior fabric needing replaced, driver's 1/4, and basically all rubber under the car. I have about 4k in the car now and drive it 4 times a week. Like above said, trim is $$ if missing, and replacemetn panels that are there aren't that good.

Yes that is true. Hard to tell from the pictures if there is red tint in the tail bezels or finish panel. The panel looks like it is sport satellite and not belvedere because it appears to have fins and not flat like the bel. You too can buy a NOS gtx finish panel, its only 3500 on eBay! I can't see signs of rust. The front end sounds interesting, coilovers?

The taillight bezels do not have the GTX chrome bars at top and bottom. Exhaust tips are not correct either for a GTX clone. Not sure what the deal is with the front end. The car stands pretty high all around. Still, not a bad price for a solid driver.

Real GTX for 26K
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-GT...ff6a8509:g:74cAAOSw~oFXFkcz&item=231918437641

Real GTX starter kit for quite a bit less. This could be a great buy for someone if all sheet metal is solid, even with a tweaked front end.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-GT...122c7447:g:rdgAAOSwZ8ZW~Fs-&item=111974052935

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back