• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 belvedere hand brake install

Edward Zeliesko

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
how to install front e brake foot brake cable,( to take cable out of ratchet assembily thank you ed

I think you need to remove the rubber bumper to gain the clearance/stroke necessary for cable removal. Be VERY careful to save the bumper. I haven't found any replacement for it.
Mike

thanks mike, how do i get the cable off the rubber bumper ? no adjustment? just have to work it off, ed

thanks mike, how do i get the cable off the rubber bumper ? no adjustment? just have to work it off, ed
I was assuming the 66 was the same as the 65, if so, depress the pedal to access the bumper.
IMG_2323.JPG

hi mike, my friend had to take the assembly off, 2 bolts and a nut, got it on, now the new brake cable left rear is , stuck, will not move, going to get another from classic, thanks for your help, ed

Auto Transport Service
Back