• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 CHARGER CLUSTER QUESTION

Skatpak

Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
WITH MY CLUSTER OUT OF THE CAR AND ON MY BENCH. I WANT TO SIMULATE IGNITION ON TO THE CLUSTER SO I CAN START TO DIAG THE GAUGES NOT WORKING, I AM PLANNING ON CONVERTING THE FUEL GAUGE LIMITER TO THE IVR-3 LIMITER FOR SAFETY AND RELIABILITY. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT EXAVCTLY? AND WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE? I HAVE THE FSM AND THE SUPPLIMENT AND HAVE READ A TON OF POSTS REGARDING THE 66/67 CLUSTER BUT IM LOOKING FOR A GOOD AND RELIABLE ANSWER IN ONE SPOT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE THIS OR HAS THE KNOW HOW. I AM REBUILDING MY POWER PACK FOR THE EL LIGHTING AS SOON AS MY PARTS COME IN WHICH IS ANOTHER STORY. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?

Buy the IVR-3
There are very detailed instructions on the website
Basically you drill out the rivets to open up the gauge can
Inside you will see a set of points connected to a winding
Bend the points back so that they can no longer touch
Close the gauge up. I used very small nuts and bolts the size of the rivet and a drop of loctite
Put the gauge back into the cluster being extremely careful to line it up so nothing grounds out
Run a wire from the 12 volt stud to the IGN terminal on the limiter
Run a wire from the output stud to limiter output terminal
Put the dash back in the car

https://www.rt-eng.com/index.php/RTE_Gauge_Faq.html#Fixing_dash_clusters_that_have_internal_limiters

Auto Transport Service
Back