• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 charger heater core.

67charger440

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a one they don’t need or can point me in the direction of where to buy one. All the ones I see that say “fit” have vertical 5/8’s tubings. The 66 charger has horizontal tubing going through the firewall. Classic industries has the correct one but they are out of stock.

The vertical ones are for A/C ?

Does it look like this?

4C69A7FC-A130-43B9-B621-EF88200695B7.jpeg C22E4168-CC87-4395-9F26-4C4ECAE17759.jpeg

Make sure the tubes that come through firewall are the same length as your old one before installing in heater box. Last I bought tubes were to short. Bought it at a radiator shop they had to switch them. Two trips a pita never mind removing heat box a second time.

Core w/o A/C is 2521268 (same as 66 C body)
With A/C 2521117 (again, same as C body)
Now you wouldn't be referring to the A/C evaporator, would you? 2607249 or 2812775 if a late build.
Just as a quick search:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384388056375

Anyone have a one they don’t need or can point me in the direction of where to buy one. All the ones I see that say “fit” have vertical 5/8’s tubings. The 66 charger has horizontal tubing going through the firewall. Classic industries has the correct one but they are out of stock.

Is it an AC Car? Are you for the evaporator or heater core?

Was this an AC car? If it was....the core for this one is pretty big, and way different then the non-A/C version.

If you have the old core you can send it to Glen Ray for re-coring with a proper copper coil and it will come back with the proper length tones and bolt right in. Might take 2 to 3 weeks but it will fit right.

Auto Transport Service
Back