• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66' Charger Pro Street w/ GenIII 426

Hemi31

Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
So I picked this up last fall. I looked to see if there were any threads about the car here from the previous owner but I couldn't find any....so heres a few pics.

IMG_20120909_131513.jpg

IMG_20120909_131531.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

426 shortblock
002.jpg

Apache cylinder heads
IMG_20111201_165028.jpg

IMG_20111201_165104.jpg

and just cause 640 hp isn't enough.......

A Wilson Pro FLow direct port for a 300 shot.
mms_picture-84.jpg

the rest consists of TTi mounts and headers, built 727,dana 60 with 4.30 gears, Wilwood brakes on all 4 corners and a bunch of other goodies. Will post more as it progresses.

Just curious, how much does that Wilson manifold cost?

I like that Charger ALOT!!!!!

They were $5k each when new. They made 6. I didn't get it new or pay nearly that much. The entire intake other than the top is CNC aluminum.

I like the manifold, but they priced themselves out of the market.

Ever see what most custom sheetmetal intakes cost?

Yeah, they are pricey.

Bit of an update.....got to drop the motor and trans in for the first time. I have heard in the past of people having issues with the TTI stuff but man it fit perfect first shot. Headers clear nice, motor mounts were good.....overall I am pretty impressed. Hopefully the rest of it goes this smooth. Once I get moved I will mock up the rest and start doing body work.

IMG_1100_zpsaf306a9b.jpg

IMG_1101_zpsbdda40e6.jpg

IMG_1102_zpse8fe7124.jpg

IMG_1103_zpsf4b6820e.jpg

IMG_1104_zps87ef653d.jpg

IMG_1105_zpsa2a8477d.jpg

Hell of a stance with the motor in it.
IMG_1107_zpsb0f7a608.jpg

Yeah, it's mostly A body guys that complaing about fitment issues. Keep posting pics with your progress, looking good!!

It should run really good. I wish I could have stuck with the Gen3 motor in my 64. It just wasnt in the cards I guess. I will live vicariously though yours. You probably have the hooks ups on stuff, but if you need anything let me know. I will help any way I can

Thanks man. At this point I have most of what I need short of the harness and yeah, I got a guy....lol. The worst part will be the body work that the previous owner screwed up.

Fortunately for me that is the one issue I haven't had. I found a virgin in the original paint and interior. I am the first A-hole to cut her up and make her mine :)

Yep, cant argue with that....lol!!!!

ok so back on this. I wound up putting the car on the back burner for the last 2 years. The 426 and Apaches wound up back in my 300C. I built a pretty ridiculous aluminum 449 for it instead. The shortblock is finally done and will be getting picked up at Billy Briggs Racing Engines this week. The block is 3/4 filled,15:1 compression, billet 6 bolt mains with 1/2" studs, K1 rotator and Diamond pistons. Cam is 265/273 duration @ .050 and went to an aftermarket Thitek head with 2.25 intake and 1.7 exhaust valves, the Wilson intake is still going on top with a 100mm throttle body and have added a dry sump to the bottom with motor plates front and back. Looking for 800-850 at the crank and 1000-1100 on dope. First order of business is getting the cage certified, motor plates set up and plumbing run so I can blow it apart for the body shop;

ok so back on this. I wound up putting the car on the back burner for the last 2 years. The 426 and Apaches wound up back in my 300C. I built a pretty ridiculous aluminum 449 for it instead. The shortblock is finally done and will be getting picked up at Billy Briggs Racing Engines this week. The block is 3/4 filled,15:1 compression, billet 6 bolt mains with 1/2" studs, K1 rotator and Diamond pistons. Cam is 265/273 duration @ .050 and went to an aftermarket Thitek head with 2.25 intake and 1.7 exhaust valves, the Wilson intake is still going on top with a 100mm throttle body and have added a dry sump to the bottom with motor plates front and back. Looking for 800-850 at the crank and 1000-1100 on dope. First order of business is getting the cage certified, motor plates set up and plumbing run so I can blow it apart for the body shop;

At this rate you are going to finish before me. Dick :)

Can you imagine the looks we will get it we line these two up at the track and crank out a pair of 8.5's out of two gen3 powered old mopars

Auto Transport Service
Back