• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger rocker trim clips

And to think I walked by dozens of these while looking for other parts....guess I will have to go back to those places and do some collection. Can hardly wait until the end of May.

i just ended up using the after market ones and cut up a milk jug and cut spacers to put between body and clip worked just great and i only put spacer at top to angle the clip out at the top

I have a set of the aftermarket clips that came with my aftermarket molding set. I will probably be dealing with those sometime in the next week.

Do not over tighten the clips. If you see cracks around the screw hole in the old ones, someone was too aggressive. Plastic behind the tops of the repos works well.

Is it just me or is anyone else finding that the rocker trim clips available don't work? Either that or I'm going crazy. I ordered two sets of clips -- when screwed to the rocker panel the top that hooks to the stainless trim is way too tight against the body. It would definitely scratch the paint trying to push the stainless trim into the clips. I turned the clips around and then they're too loose. I can't find any anywhere that look like the originals.
I have been thinking about those clips. Maybe they just fit tight. Why couldn't you place a very thin sheet of acetate under the clip and up to and beyond the top of the rocker. Then push, tap, slide the rocker down and the acetate will protect the paint. After it is installed just pull on the end you left up high and just slip the acetate out from behind the moulding? Wouldn't that work??

I have been thinking about those clips. Maybe they just fit tight. Why couldn't you place a very thin sheet of acetate under the clip and up to and beyond the top of the rocker. Then push, tap, slide the rocker down and the acetate will protect the paint. After it is installed just pull on the end you left up high and just slip the acetate out from behind the moulding? Wouldn't that work??
Hey Maxrat, you have been a very good source of information through the years.
In my previous post I suggested putting plastic behind the clips. You can carefully cut a piece of plastic to fit around the screw and make it the the same height as the old ones.
It works. As mentioned, no need to overtighten.

Yes, but he point is that why isn't someone making them correctly. ???

Yes, but he point is that why isn't someone making them correctly. ???
Because it might not be worth their while to do the tooling for approximately 25,00 cars maybe.
Didn‘t look up the current price, but it seems reasonable to me to put a backing in behind the reproduction.

Auto Transport Service
Back