• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger

Randy Wagner

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to forum, working on a 66 Charger with a 318 and automatic trans. Purchased this car at auction without looking closely at the whole car. My son saw nice paint and the word Hemi on the hood and had to have it. Got it home to find no wiring at all in the car, just enough to get it started. I've worked for about a year and half slowly rewiring the whole car and just about have everything working and back together. "Including all the EL lighting" never heard of EL light before this car, which is my project like this. Had all the gauges redone by the Gauge Doctor, thank you Dean. My first real question for the forum is about two missing switches on the dash. The rotating headlight dash switch and there's another missing switch on the other side of dash that in some pictures I've seen looks like a toggle switch of some kind. Haven't started or the Headlight motors yet, just want to get enough done to make a road appearance before fall

Welcome to FBBO from NY, Randy.
Way to persevere on your sons project the last year and a half. Hopefully he helped you. Post some pics of the Charger. Guys around here love pics when you make an introduction.

For your electrical questions we have an entire section on the forum for that. You can find it here. Good luck finding some solutions.

Electrical & Ignition

Welcome from another fastback guy!
Sounds likecyoure talking about the optional 4 way flasher switch.
Post pics!

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_3554.jpeg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck

Check out the electrical & ignition forum section here
Use the search engine on the top right of every page too
A lot of the stuff you will want to know has been covered, 100 times over

I'd highly suggest you buy (book) or download a Factory Service Manual
specif for the year & make, specific to the model if you can find one
try www.mymopar.com
under tools & references IIRC, pdf files you can download free

Welcome from Alabama. How about some pictures of your Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back