66 Citron Gold armrests

Interior

1. onephat66

onephat66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    I don't have a piece of material to take in, unless I drive the car over there, and the white, (or black in my case), isn't going to work. I understand the idea of canned paint going bad, but doesn't mean I couldn't hope it existed, especially since about 14 other colors for that year exist in a can.

2. 70Bronco

70Bronco Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:35 AM
    Remove a door panel and take it in, use the old arm rest, snip a small piece of excess vinyl from under the seat, get a new sample piece from SMS Interiors, drive the car there. There was NO code for Mopar Citron Green—paint shop hunted for a close match to a swatch of new vinyl I gave him.

And nobody has color codes for the vinyl paints because of the resin and how the colors react differently to fabric vs steel.

3. onephat66

Local Time:
    Yeah, it's going to be a crap shoot. Door panels and arm rests are not going to work. Arm rests are brand new black colored, door panels are nice, but slightly faded, so they're out. No excess vinyl from under the seats either, plus, like we said it's hard to get a good match from textured vinyl. I will have no choice but to drive the car there and have them "trial and error" to get it right. Some color codes do exist for the vinyl paints, just not the color I need. Reactions between fabric and steel are apples to oranges. I'll just have to take off work and drive 20 miles to see what they can do.

4. Fran Blacker

Fran Blacker FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    I dyed my gold interior 25 years ago using Ditzler products a 3 step process. Vinyl cleaner. vinyl prep and vinyl dye, its held up well. They had to eyeball the color, came very close.

• Like Like x 1
    • onephat66

Local Time:
      I talked to the paint store today. Only way to do it is trial and error if I bring my car to them. What I hoped to avoid, but my only choice.

• Fran Blacker

Fran Blacker FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      5:35 AM
      I'd take a part off the car, to do it right you'll need to pull interior out anyway. I removed whole interior when I did mine. I have a vert, no headliner which I wouldn't remove unless damaged. JMO

• onephat66

Local Time:
      You're funny!! My seats are the parts that are the correct color, but arm rests and door panels are needing sprayed, so they're the only thing that needs to be pulled to avoid overspray. Plus, headliner isn't the same color, and normally isn't unless everything is black!!

• Paulbla

Paulbla New Member

Local Time:
      3:35 AM
      I ordered armrests for my 66 citron interior charger from Legendary. The colour is ok but the inside of the armrest has a flat inside lip which I’m not to happy with bu will not be to noticeable when installed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.