• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet 500 Trim Levels

I think I just found that on another page. Here I was worried about that and turns out those numbers didn't start matching the VIN until 69ish I think.

Yes, the vin isn't part of the fender tag on those early years. At least not full vin. I had that same question with my first coronet.

Thanks again you guys. Picking the car up tomorrow. Will post pics when I get all settled.

The 1966 factory service manual has an error in the chart for engine size VIN digits.

There was a supplement issued but few copies have it attached.

The incorrect info has been etched into "collective consciousness" of most non-1966 specific Mopar circles.

Correct info-

E= 318
F= 361
G= 383 (four barrel- there were no 383 2 barrel engines in 1966 B body cars)

The 1966 factory service manual has an error in the chart for engine size VIN digits.

There was a supplement issued but few copies have it attached.

The incorrect info has been etched into "collective consciousness" of most non-1966 specific Mopar circles.

Correct info-

E= 318
F= 361
G= 383 (four barrel- there were no 383 2 barrel engines in 1966 B body cars)

The error was corrected in a TSB https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/TSBs/1966/66-93.jpg

This is interesting considering the final issue parts catalogue was printed Feb 67. Over half a year after the tsb.
20211222_113226.jpg
20211222_113306.jpg

The 66s certainly had some oddities about them. One year only charger convertible has to be near the top.

Trip went well and it's tucked away in my garage. I'm sure I'll be really picking brains now :)
1jULDWYQfVkpyQ3mU0tbvwrrEe6wwH8rF4Q2SHO7y40VYFjLBTYOjsYJllu7j4yxnNTZ5mi=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Nice!! Now go paint them grilles!!!! :mob::lol:

Nice!! Now go paint them grilles!!!! :mob::lol:
Probably won't be a lot happening on it right away. I'd actually like to get the seats pulled out and see if I can find a build sheet. Also just clean everything up. The driver side rear window doesn't wanna budge and the passenger side only goes down about 1/5 of the way. Need to get in there and see what's going on. Do these have the big cast aluminum bracket that the window mounts too? I'm sure everything is corroded and dirty?

Those do look like 440grills.

Rear windows have an odd back, down, back, tilt, down type of machination.
Handle is also too short to get good leverage.
Don't force them, though.
I think we just had a thread on them a while ago.

Glad you got it.

Those do look like 440grills.

Rear windows have an odd back, down, back, tilt, down type of machination.
Handle is also too short to get good leverage.
Don't force them, though.
I think we just had a thread on them a while ago.

Glad you got it.
Hmmm, now you got me wondering. The grilles are wrong too.............ugh.
kDaN8ix07dZjt9DIZFheKULusBelABGsj0MjbUo_yM6wfzwB3-4j2vKGPsjpY3ye8nosaU4_=w706-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

The difference is just paint, IIRC.

It should be painted similar to the headlight surround.

Auto Transport Service
Back