• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet Deluxe

Yay, glad to see you got some more done. I haven't been able to get anything done lately either. If you have time, swing by the swap meet this weekend. I am sure I could send you away with some free goodies (stuff I really don't want to store anymore)

She's a runner!

Well, it's been a while without an update, I've been busy with the car and work and everything else but the car is on the road and delivered!!
:headbang:

Yesterday was my birthday and I thrashed on the car most of the day with hopes that the second carb would get it running better and it did. So from there I tidied up a few hundred loose ends and was happy with the way it went. Then my nephew stopped by and gave the car a quickie detail job and we made the impromptu decision to get the car home and surprise my girlfriend with it (remember, this car is a surprise gift for my girlfriend, it's nearly identical to her very first car).

So yah, what a guy I am huh? I give someone else a cool car on MY birthday! (I'm an idiot right?) This better buy me at least one more day before the guy downstairs pulls me under.....:icon_evil:

Unfortunately, the circumstances of the delivery and surprise left us unprepared to take a video but I can tell you she was pretty shocked to see me pull up in the driveway with the car. Of course she had no idea I had this thing so when she first saw it she had this look like WTF, this a-hole bought himself ANOTHER car for his birthday?? She was probably pretty close to stabbing me at this point, but once I told her the car was for her she was nearly speechless and super happy about it. She was most amazed by the fact that the car is the same model and color as her first car (her's was a '65 4 door though) but really like the look and sound of the engine.

OK, enough of the fluff stuff, here's some car prOn showing some of the stuff I got done. Some day I'll get some good pics of the car and post them up.

Thanks to kb67mopar, I got a good second block to get a decent engine together, finally installed that about two weeks ago.

HeadStuds.jpg

GettingStarted1.jpg

GettingStarted2.jpg

NiceCrank.jpg

Installed.jpg

Then my first attempt and a real downpipe, it turned out nice despite my crummy wleding;

DownPipe2.jpg

DownPipe1.jpg

Then engine break-in which went pretty good, only forgot a few things. Here's a link to a brief video of the initial and some-what frantic moments of that. It sounds good with the open downpipe : - )

[video]http://s456.photobucket.com/user/Hey_Lazy_O/media/Car_Stuff/SuperNet%20Overhaul/RunItIn.mp4.html[/video]

Overall, it worked out pretty nice. The car is a blast to drive and has an amazing sound, you can definitely tell it aint no V8 but it sure has the tell-tale signature of something with a fair bit of cam and compression. Basically, it sounds like a really friggin' angry post office Jeep :icon_fU:

The car and engine turned out great. I hope my wife's car turns out as good as yours did when I get to it.

Well, it's been a while without an update, I've been busy with the car and work and everything else but the car is on the road and delivered!!
:headbang:

Overall, it worked out pretty nice. The car is a blast to drive and has an amazing sound, you can definitely tell it aint no V8 but it sure has the tell-tale signature of something with a fair bit of cam and compression. Basically, it sounds like a really friggin' angry post office Jeep :icon_fU:

Fricking sweet man! I am very happy you got that engine up and running well. It looks killer too. A few weeks of work on my end and I'll be making a short trip here and there too. No major road trips till sometime next year though. I may have to work out a deal to get mine painted this winter somehow. But before this summer/fall is over these two will meet up in a parking lot somewhere!

Driving video? come on now we need more. Also, where did you get your exhaust tube from, everybody around here just sells the crazy corugated crap from terrible bends.

Auto Transport Service
Back