• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet fuel sender install

ram250098

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Here we go again..seems every car I get needs a sender. Mine reads but at fuel it is 1/4 tank.
Anyway have a new sender on the way, I have done many of them some the tank comes down others just drop it a bit..so does the tank need to come out on a 66 or from the look of the sender it just might squeek through the axle and trunk floor.
Has anyone replaced one yet? I am sure in 49 years someone has LOL
AL

Just make sure gas is below sender. Unhook fuel line unplug wire, pry off ground strap if you have one that spans hose. Turn clamp ring counter clock wise, pull sender out. replace everything in reverse order. If it does not have strap that jumpers over hose, then you must ground tank in some other fashion. No need to drop tank, unless you wanted to cl
ean it out.

Ohm the sender out before you install it. It should be about 9 ohms full and in the seventies when empty. It took me two tries to get a good one for my '66 Coronet. I removed the tank, (very easy), as I had to replace the vent line also.

Thanks rscurtis...my rubber hoses are really not in the best shape right now which I why I didn't want to pull the tank..I am sure my luck both would spit LOL
Yes after one sender not reading right years ago I check them all now.
Thanks again
Al

I found a new correct vent hose and pipe assembly on eBay. A little pricey, but it fits perfectly.

I have found a few as well..AMD sells a complete kit all hoses and clamps..but the way the Canadian dollar is now I will wait a bit...Thanks
AL

Auto Transport Service
Back