• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Instrument cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cores for our Chargers have gotten ridiculous
They are going for 500 or more in rough shape
you will have another grand or more in them restoring the gauges
and that doesnt count repairing/re chroming the bezel or replacing it with a not so exact aftermarket repop

it is worth it though
The EL lighting makes for a beautiful dash that stands out

View attachment 1197546 View attachment 1197547

GOD! That is GORGEOUS!

is there any information on how to restore these gauges?

Yep, the center of each was just a spike. Then later in 66 changed to the spike with a collar (volcano looking) due to a safety concern. Same with the radio. Early 66s had a torpedo center knob then changed to a flat knob. Think if one was to hit any of that in accident they are already toast. Below is a picture of the original design from one of our FBBO buddies.

XIJIarc.jpg

That is just absolutely beautiful!

GOD! That is GORGEOUS!

is there any information on how to restore these gauges?

There's not much I can tell you
My mother bought a 67 brand new in 67
and I got the car in 76 and drove it through high school
but it was a Michigan Car (rust bucket) so I bought 4 other Cars in the late 80s and built one solid car from a 66

I had a lot of extra gauges at one point
My son is a graduate of the NASCAR Institute in NC and an ASE master mechanic who is very strong with electical
He swapped around gauges and rebuilt the power pack

We did send off a couple of gauges to Jeff Entworth to get the needles fixed

We did use Lexol Vinyl protectant on the faces and it made then dark again and has held up well
We also used a RTE voltage regulator and RTE tach sender

Hi. I have a dash light cluster. If your still looking I'll send a few pictures of it if you want. Price is 200.00. Thanks Garry.

Hi. I have a dash light cluster. If your still looking I'll send a few pictures of it if you want. Price is 200.00. Thanks Garry.
Hi, I would be interested in the cluster if you still have it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back