• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 poly air cleaner

TonyB

Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this is what my air cleaner looked like that i want to replace, 1966 plymouth Belvedere 2 318 poly. Does anyone know for sure. All options people are offering to my WTB ad are the more modern plate on top style and i have that now and the hood interferes as it is too high? The person who i sold it to put this on with a scoop, i bought it back and put the original hood back on but he threw the original air cleaner.

air cleaner.JPG

Here's your link...for anyone trying to follow;

WTB - 1966 plymouth belvedere 318 poly 2bbl air cleaner

I looked at those pix.... the air cleaner DetMatt1 was discussing with you looks super similar, if not identical to the 'unit on my '64 Poly 318, so I would have to say, NO, not necessarily more modern. He's noted as being a pretty sharp shooter too, so maybe correct still for '66??

I have some '66 assemblys here, but IIRC they are for 383 and up.... I'll have a look anyway, and repost if I find anything helpful.

Best of Luck, Lefty71

Here's a couple pix. Note they were pulled off the 'net so no way to quantify the authenticity......... Both are '66, one is poly, one is LA. Now why would a '66 have an LA anyway??

The other pic I did find showed the top shown in your Post #1, but it was on a '65 Satellite.

The big question is, why would they be hitting your hood??

66318BelvyWagonPoly.jpg

66318LABelvy.jpg

I am pretty sure this is what my air cleaner looked like that i want to replace, 1966 plymouth Belvedere 2 318 poly. Does anyone know for sure. All options people are offering to my WTB ad are the more modern plate on top style and i have that now and the hood interferes as it is too high? The person who i sold it to put this on with a scoop, i bought it back and put the original hood back on but he threw the original air cleaner.

View attachment 1458114
383 2bbl. air cleaner, pre 1968 (no PVC nipple), likely C-body.

Here's a couple pix. Note they were pulled off the 'net so no way to quantify the authenticity......... Both are '66, one is poly, one is LA. Now why would a '66 have an LA anyway??

The other pic I did find showed the top shown in your Post #1, but it was on a '65 Satellite.

The big question is, why would they be hitting your hood??

View attachment 1458180

View attachment 1458181
'66 LA could be 273.

The one i have on now hits the hood, i sold this car 5 yrs ago and the guy put a scoop on another hood and used an air cleaner from something else. I bought car back. I want to go back to what it had, as i put the original hood back on it and he threw away the original air cleaner. The air cleaner he put on for the scoop hood sits higher than the original, looks like it came from an la 318?

Auto Transport Service
Back