• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite AT console

IndySatLite

Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
So, this is the console in my 66 Satellite. Is it correct? If so, is there a specific paint to use for touchup on the fins, chrome and flat silver colors?

IMG_1731.JPG IMG_1725.JPG

Your missing the bolt on back piece. 67 and later were 1 piece. Used ralley wheel argent on the wide perimeter. Strip the old paint off.

Try just cleaning it well and then a buffing wheel with some rouge on the chrome

Doing the center area clean it up. Polish the chrome, then with a nylon clean between the grooves. Tape off everything but the grooves and chrome bars spray the whole center black and while the paint is wet wipe black off chrome bars. I would practice on a small area so you know what to expect. No advice on the black paint, flat, satin or gloss.

Doing the center area clean it up. Polish the chrome, then with a nylon clean between the grooves. Tape off everything but the grooves and chrome bars spray the whole center black and while the paint is wet wipe black off chrome bars. I would practice on a small area so you know what to expect. No advice on the black paint, flat, satin or gloss.
I used satin black. Also argent silver for the sides.

Hi Fran, I've got the other piece for the console, as well as the chrome backing and carpet piece; I just didn't include them in first post. Thanks for the detailed post about cleaning the console. I'm confused by "nylon clean" between the grooves. Is that a product or what?

IMG_1741.JPG

Piss poor proof reading, oops. Meant, use a nylon brush to clean the grooves so not to scratch the chrome. More betterer.:thumbsup:

Piss poor proof reading, oops. Meant, use a nylon brush to clean the grooves so not to scratch the chrome. More betterer.:thumbsup:

I think what he really means to say is? "Use a old toothbrush"! Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back