• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite/Belvedere pic's...Watcha got?

Thanks Bankerstoy, I seen a company on the net that is selling a die cast version...would LOVE to have it. That car impressed me at a very young age, and now has me thinking about silver as my body colour. I don't want to have a copy-cat car but the Bullet makes my heart beat a little faster...Maybe some of Jimmy Addisons racing success will channel through my 66, even though his GTX is a 67...I found a couple more pics of my favorite B body...with Jimmy before he passed on.

page4-1004-full.jpg

page4-1021-full.jpg

Thanks Bankerstoy, I seen a company on the net that is selling a die cast version...would LOVE to have it. That car impressed me at a very young age, and now has me thinking about silver as my body colour. I don't want to have a copy-cat car but the Bullet makes my heart beat a little faster...Maybe some of Jimmy Addisons racing success will channel through my 66, even though his GTX is a 67...I found a couple more pics of my favorite B body...with Jimmy before he passed on.

Jimmy's gone now, but I'm sure that he wouldn't mind if you put a little flavor of his 67 "Bullet" into your 66 build! ;) :) Thank you also for those two GREAT photo's above! Already have em saved into my favorites! :) By the way, the 1:18th scale "Silver Bullet" diecast car doesn't have the modified rear wheel well openings that the real car had, but it's still a VERY nice car! :yes:

Richard

66 belvedere

as mine sits today.... can't wait to drive her!!

IMAG0007.jpg

This is my car.!

Just a little 580 hp 600 ft tq motor with indy heads!

Dads Newest Satellite pic 2010 021.jpg

Thanks mech440 and 67 Coronetman. Great lookin' cars. mech440, are those R/T rims from a new Challenger? Your car looks great. What else have you done/planning to do to finish her off?

67 Coronetman, I like the stance of your car and the hp rating as well. Have you had her down the 1/4 mile? Stock suspension out back?

Thanks mech440 and 67 Coronetman. Great lookin' cars. mech440, are those R/T rims from a new Challenger? Your car looks great. What else have you done/planning to do to finish her off?

67 Coronetman, I like the stance of your car and the hp rating as well. Have you had her down the 1/4 mile? Stock suspension out back?

Those are the SRT 8 wheel off the newer chargers, thanx for the compliment.. I'll post some pics of the engine and interior. I have a mildly built 440 , 727 trans with work done to it, posi in the rear 4.10 gears. the interior is custom done using premium leather with paint matching panels and also yellow stitching.

FYI...The wheels are the same bolt, but I had to space them out 1/4in and I up graded to 9/16 studs. I felt better using the biggeer studs with the twenty in wheels.

interior and engine pics

Hers a couple of pics of the interior and the engine. Got a lil more work to do but hoping to have it on the road this summer.

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

mech440,

That is one FANTASTIC looking engine! I'd REALLY like to know LOTS more about the pulley's, power steering pump, alternator and a/c compressor parts that you used. Where you bought the various parts and part numbers would be great if you have them.

My 66 Coronet is a factory air car and I am going to be putting all of the a/c system parts back in the car, but I really don't want to use the FUGLY original style Chrysler a/c compressor and I also REALLY like the idea of using the serpentine style pulley's and belts like you used.

Richard

just finally got nice weather for pics.....got my stance adjusted where nothing rubs, tires sizes just right.....i take more pics of this thing than my kids... :)

belvedere 001.jpg

belvedere 002.jpg

belvedere 006.jpg

mech440,

That is one FANTASTIC looking engine! I'd REALLY like to know LOTS more about the pulley's, power steering pump, alternator and a/c compressor parts that you used. Where you bought the various parts and part numbers would be great if you have them.

My 66 Coronet is a factory air car and I am going to be putting all of the a/c system parts back in the car, but I really don't want to use the FUGLY original style Chrysler a/c compressor and I also REALLY like the idea of using the serpentine style pulley's and belts like you used.

Richard

Hey Richard, The pulley system is from march performance, It's the Ultra mopar performance set up. Comes with all the brackets and pulleys , alt fan, pulley covers etc.... the P/s pump was extra. It also moves the A/C compressor to the side instead of being up top/in frt. The only draw back is it also moves the alternator down and you have to use a GM style alt. and you can't run the mechanical fuel pump. You have to use an electric as the alternator interferes with the fuel pump mounting location. On the march web site you can look it up and even view the install directions, which are kinda vague. I don't want to run on too much in this thread so if I missed anything you need to know feel free to send a message or give me your e-mail and I can send you any info I have. Or anyone else for that matters, always willing to help a fellow mopar buddy!!!!

Bob

P.S, thanx for the compliment!!!

Hey Richard, The pulley system is from march performance, It's the Ultra mopar performance set up. Comes with all the brackets and pulleys , alt fan, pulley covers etc.... the P/s pump was extra. It also moves the A/C compressor to the side instead of being up top/in frt. The only draw back is it also moves the alternator down and you have to use a GM style alt. and you can't run the mechanical fuel pump. You have to use an electric as the alternator interferes with the fuel pump mounting location. On the march web site you can look it up and even view the install directions, which are kinda vague. I don't want to run on too much in this thread so if I missed anything you need to know feel free to send a message or give me your e-mail and I can send you any info I have. Or anyone else for that matters, always willing to help a fellow mopar buddy!!!!

Bob

P.S, thanx for the compliment!!!

Thanks VERY much Bob! It looked and sounded fantastic right up to where you mentioned the fact that you can't use a mechanical fuel pump. :sad: I don't like electric fuel pumps and instead run the large Mopar Performance mechanical pump, so your set up won't work for me, but it sure does look awesome! I hope you will post LOTS of pictures once you get it up and running! :yes: They do have other kits available though, so I'll be spending some time on their web site!

Richard

Nice 67' Satellite Plumah, your car is mini tubbed and looks great. I have mini tubbed mine/springs are moved inboard and subframe connectors welded in and have a question for you regarding tire clearance. What are you running for a rear tire? If you could give me your tire size/backspacing etc it would sure be helpful. I have 13.5 inches of space between my frame rail to the wheelhouse lip now that the dust has settled, I still have the stock diff housing in place. Is your diff narrowed? Thanks and I really like your car.

Auto Transport Service
Back