• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 satellite front end alignment specs.

Dan

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the alignment specs are for A 1966 Plymouth Satellite? Some where in the forum I read that the specs should be set up different for radial tires over the original bias ply tires, is this true? My tires are 235/60 R15. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the guy at the alignment shop have never heard of a B Body, imagine that,lol.

heres what i run on a 67 b-body with radials, on the front I'm running 225-60-15s

caster angle degrees, limits +1/4 - +1 1/4 desired +3/4
camber angle degrees, left +1/2 right +1/4
toe in 1/8"
toe out on turns outer wheel 17.6 inner wheel 20
hope this helps

I like to add a little bit of negative camber in my 66 Belvedere...actually, a lot lol. I ran 225-75-15's on 7" cop car wheels.

yeah, I thought there should be some negitive camber for handling and positive caster so the wheel returns to center after turning, but i'm not a alignment man but these specs I got along time age from a long time mopar man. I remember he saying the positive caster was to help with turning and i have power steering. I just googled it to see what would come up this is what did
alignment-specifications.gif

Last edited:
Neg caster is good for manual steering for in town driving. It helps make the car easier to turn when moving slowly but too much will make the car wander on the highway. I ran all the positive I could get, kept the tires inflated to the max listed and didn't have any problems with slow speed turning with my manual steering box. Positive caster will help in higher speed stability but will make it harder to turn at slow speeds but with power steering, it won't be noticed. And if I could get 3 degrees negative camber and still get some positive caster, I did it! You can easily see the tires leaning in at the top with that much too. Yeah, I played with my car a lot and surprised a few ricers in the clover leafs more than a few times and my car doesn't have sway bars on it!

Auto Transport Service
Back