• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 satellite hemi car questions

m38jeepman

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Looking at a 66 satellite hemi car. What should I look for on the K-member to confirm that it is the original one for the hemi. I am not familiar with hemi specific stuff. What other things should I be looking for also that are hard to find and or expensive to replace?

first look at the engine mounts--they are different than a 440--especially the pass side--you my want to look at some original car pictures to understand the differance---second--All true Hemi cars have torque box's in front of the rear leaf spring front perches on both sides to handle the torque of the hemi--these are the same on all convertable cars with all engines--otherwise theres not much besides documentation--hope this helps you--I have a 66 Coronet 500 convertable with the 426 Hemi thats one of my daily drivers--a great car that gets ALOT of attention

Should probably have a skid plate on the bottom of Kframe to protect larger oil pan as on Nuclear1 list. 66 thru 69 had a different style than 70 B&E bodies I believe.

Auto Transport Service
Back