• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 satellite trim code 32H ???

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score

Production date September 01, 1965
Shipping order 12104
Car line PLYMOUTH Belvedere/Satellite
Price class High
Body type convertible
Trim Grade High [32H]
Seat type Bench vinyl [334]
Trim color Gold [34Y]
Paint 1 Bright yellow [27R]
Paint 2 Bright yellow [28R]
Paint scheme Mono tone paint [291]
Upper door frame paint Black
Engine 318 2bbl 8cyl 230hp polysphere A [374/381]
Transmission Transmission-Torqueflite automatic [395]

6 a b c d e f g h j k m n p q r t u w y
4 A B C D E F G H J K L M N P Q R S T V W X Y Z
2 S O N U M B E R B D Y T R M P A I N T

anyone know what is included in the trim code 32H ??? maby a pic ..... is it the inside trim or outside trim ???? tnx

Where are you getting these numbers? Thought Satellite's came only with buckets and console, but I can't swear to it. A pic of fender tag? Did you find a buildsheet?

Where are you getting these numbers? Thought Satellite's came only with buckets and console, but I can't swear to it. A pic of fender tag? Did you find a buildsheet?
no ..... the sheet is gone .... and some did come with a bench .... there's another member that has a 66 drop top with a bench and a 4 speed ..... first 2 lines on the tag are just the ABC' minus the I in both lines and the L in the second line is not there ... the only line with any codes is the bottom one ... reads as .... SO number, 90102104 .... BDY, RH27 .... TRM, H4Y .... PAINT, RR1 here is the tag ... mite be easy to reed it from the back side

IMG_1977.JPG IMG_1975.JPG

You must not have to many options. Check under driver's side seat for BS maybe you'll get lucky.
My trim is P4T paint is PP1 then a space and a Y.
A 735 under A B and C, 1 under G and 3 under R punched out stars under V and W and 1 under Y. These are all row 2. Top row on left near screw is 64 or 84 and a 3 on right side.
My car has PS, PB, buckets, console and a am radio.

You must not have to many options. Check under driver's side seat for BS maybe you'll get lucky.
My trim is P4T paint is PP1 then a space and a Y.
A 735 under A B and C, 1 under G and 3 under R punched out stars under V and W and 1 under Y. These are all row 2. Top row on left near screw is 64 or 84 and a 3 on right side.
My car has PS, PB, buckets, console and a am radio.
i thunk it was odd not to have more on the tag. PS PDB and AM is all i get .... LOL

Production date September 01, 1965
Shipping order 12104
Car line PLYMOUTH Belvedere/Satellite
Price class High
Body type convertible
Trim Grade High [32H]
Seat type Bench vinyl [334]
Trim color Gold [34Y]
Paint 1 Bright yellow [27R]
Paint 2 Bright yellow [28R]
Paint scheme Mono tone paint [291]
Upper door frame paint Black
Engine 318 2bbl 8cyl 230hp polysphere A [374/381]
Transmission Transmission-Torqueflite automatic [395]

6 a b c d e f g h j k m n p q r t u w y
4 A B C D E F G H J K L M N P Q R S T V W X Y Z
S O N U M B E R B D Y T R M P A I N T

anyone know what is included in the trim code 32H ??? maby a pic ..... is it the inside trim or outside trim ???? tnx

The numbers 32, 33 and 34 relate back to the columns on the IBM card used to help design the broadcast sheet to build the car.

Column 32 would indicate the general level of trim: basic, Charger, Low, Med, High, police etc.
Column 33 is seat type and material: cloth bench, vinyl bench, vinyl bucket, etc.
Column 34 indicates color.

The IBM card would read:

327 High
334 vinyl bench
34* combination of punches used for the letter Y

Decoded for use on the fender tag and broadcast sheet: H4Y

i thunk it was odd not to have more on the tag. PS PDB and AM is all i get .... LOL

Fender tags, generally, contain:

Make, model, body style
Drive line
Paint and trim items.
What specific panel or holes need to be punched in the body. (Hole for antenna, a/c cowl, tach, remote mirror, some power options, etc)
Administrative numbers such as SO or VON.

What was coded varied by year, plant and time of year. Not all options are coded on the tag.

Fender tags, generally, contain:

Make, model, body style
Drive line
Paint and trim items.
What specific panel or holes need to be punched in the body. (Hole for antenna, a/c cowl, tach, remote mirror, some power options, etc)
Administrative numbers such as SO or VON.

What was coded varied by year, plant and time of year. Not all options are coded on the tag.

Question about antenna hole. My car had the antenna on the pass side quarter near trunk. Saw one another 66 Satellite with one on driver side quarter same area in 2017 Kissimmee auction.
Thought all were on front pass fender? Never looked to see if it was moved, I'm the third owner. Have talked to original owner and he doesn't remember. Is there any way to know where factory located the antenna hole from build sheet?

Could be dealer installed radio.

There's nothing under the "r" on your tag, right?

That's the way my Coronet is.

No antenna hole on fender, but it has a factory radio and aftermarket "shark fin" style dual antennas on the quarters.

There is a 1 under R and build sheet has a 1 in radio box.

Auto Transport Service
Back