• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Satellite windshield seal (gasket)--difference?

hofferwood

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is between a convertible gasket and a hardtop gasket is?
The reason I ask is, I bought a rear bumper from a guy late last summer. Well we got to talkin' and he said "ya want this, I don't need it---free". It's a new in the plastic, gasket for a convertible----for my year.

My question is, can I use on the hardtop? Trim some stuff off or is it just too different?

I'll buy the correct one if I need to, but--------------I'm running low on body parts and organs to sell----lol

Thanks
Chuck

Vert glass is taller and stands up straighter I believe

Well I sold my toenail collection on e-pay, so I got enough to order the correct one. :lol:

So when it gets here I'll match them up and hopefully answer the looming question.

Well I sold my toenail collection on e-pay, so I got enough to order the correct one. :lol:

So when it gets here I'll match them up and hopefully answer the looming question.
It should be different W/S #’s. I think possibly the 66-7 Charger is the same as a 68-9 b body convert.

I was told 4 doors , wagons and Convertibles are the same, hardtops and coups are a different size. My 70 Road Runner is about 2 inches shorter than my 70 Belvedere wagon, my friends 70 RR convert is the same as my wagon.
I am looking for a new gasket for my wagon, has anyone recently bought one and could about the quality and fit. I've heard the new ones don't fit too well. I'm thinking Steele or Metro if I were to buy one

wagon#4.JPG

wagon.jpg

I was told 4 doors , wagons and Convertibles are the same, hardtops and coups are a different size. My 70 Road Runner is about 2 inches shorter than my 70 Belvedere wagon, my friends 70 RR convert is the same as my wagon.
I am looking for a new gasket for my wagon, has anyone recently bought one and could about the quality and fit. I've heard the new ones don't fit too well. I'm thinking Steele or Metro if I were to buy one

View attachment 1631391

View attachment 1631393

I am trying a Precision gasket. Just for the record, AMD’s w/s are thicker than the ones from offshore. I called them and they measured the thickness.
Then I measured mine and it is thinner.

Auto Transport Service
Back