• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 383 radiator?

Thanks, but my question was, "Is the core support for a 26" different from a 22" core support." Is the hole for the radiator bigger on the 26"? Or, does the 22" have brackets or baffles that close the hole down? I'd go look myself but my car is in the shop waiting on a new radiator.

I had my trans rebuilt. I/we don't want to run any of the old metal shavings and crap through the new trans. The radiator is the original and needed to be replaced or re cored anyway.
And my reply, if you read it, says that the 26" radiator would have 22" of "direct air flow", hence 22" core opening.

And my reply, if you read it, says that the 26" radiator would have 22" of "direct air flow", hence 22" core opening.
Yes, I read your reply. However, your reply didn't answer my question. I was asking whether or not there were two different core supports for the 22" and the 26". Is the hole bigger in the core support for a 26" as opposed to a 22"? My concern was not "direct air flow" cooling surface area, if a 26" would work, or could I retrofit a 26". My concern was for direct drop in replacement, mounting holes, etc. Thank you for your input.

The core supports are different.
Can you fit a 26 on a 22 support ? yes you can but will need to drill new mounting holes on the R side.
Or perhaps the brackets mentioned reach back to the 22" mount holes.
If you do not wish to leave 4 inches blocked by the 22 support you can use a cut off wheel and take out a couple inches to uncover the core fins.

Thanks for the info and help, Fellas. I ended up going with an aluminum 22" small block radiator from Summit. Time was a factor. They had it in stock and arrived in three days. I'll recore my original at a later date.

Auto Transport Service
Back