• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 4 speed swap

mavwreck

Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some help in putting together a 4 speed swap in my 67 coronet with a 440. I currently have these parts and I’d like to know where and what I should do.
I have a 63 T10 (up for sale)
A 65 A833 (trans and shifter only)
A neutral 10.5 flywheel
A torque shaft from a 63 with ball pivots and clutch fork.
And a B&T driveshaft

Is it worth making the 65 833 work in my 67? The speedo cable is the only real thing I’m running into an issue with. Can I use a 65 speedo cable in my 67? Should I sell and buy another 833? Does anyone make a master and slave setup for these cars? Help!

IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

image.jpg

Others here know more….but if you have a driveshaft that’s the correct length and attaches that “trunion” (?) tail shaft, I think you’re in good shape….maybe the shifter needs changing? Maybe not?
You need pedals, a tang (?) to weld on the frame to connect to the z-bar (linkage), make sure your trans cross member is compatible with that trans (I think it is), some wiring for the neutral safety switch, a new clutch/pressure plate (?). You’ve got 80% of what you need

You have a bunch of parts that don't fit your car. Sell them off!

Go get the correct stuff then it will fall together with no hassles and "make it fit" headaches.

The B&T driveshaft is the wrong length, and it is probably worn out and making a new slip yoke driveshaft for a B&T is expensive.

The automatic crossmember won't work either, unless you cut it up and modify it.

Last edited:
Others here know more….but if you have a driveshaft that’s the correct length and attaches that “trunion” (?) tail shaft, I think you’re in good shape….maybe the shifter needs changing? Maybe not?
You need pedals, a tang (?) to weld on the frame to connect to the z-bar (linkage), make sure your trans cross member is compatible with that trans (I think it is), some wiring for the neutral safety switch, a new clutch/pressure plate (?). You’ve got 80% of what you need
It’s to my knowledge that all that I need as of this moment is a bell housing and a speedo cable that’s compatible with this tailshaft. I do have the right driveshaft but I do not have the correct crossmember

You have a bunch of parts that don't fit your car. Sell them off!

Go get the correct stuff then it will fall together with no hassles and "make it fit" headaches.

The B&T is probably worn out and making a new slip yoke driveshaft for a B&T is expensive.

The automatic crossmember won't work either, unless you cut it up and modify it.
Biggest issue at the moment is finding people that want the parts I’ve got. Seems like the interest is low on most of these parts. I just posted most of this stuff on the for sale page though

The parts that you are selling are mostly pretty low on the desirability scale.... if you can sell some of them at all. I would not put much hope in trading them for what you need.

Unless you are strapped for cash, I would find the correct non-trunion trans and bell for your car. Brewers Performance has a lot of parts you need including conversion kit for hydraulic throw out bearing you are wondering about. Driveshafts can be made by local driveline shops for a reasonable cost.

The parts that you are selling are mostly pretty low on the desirability scale.... if you can sell some of them at all. I would not put much hope in trading them for what you need.

Unless you are strapped for cash, I would find the correct non-trunion trans and bell for your car. Brewers Performance has a lot of parts you need including conversion kit for hydraulic throw out bearing you are wondering about. Driveshafts can be made by local driveline shops for a reasonable cost.
I’m in the strapped for cash boat. After doing a lot more research I’m going to just sell most of my parts individually and save up. I’m well aware of brewers and have a few parts on the way from them. Mostly trying to save on the larger items (bell, trans and pedals) if I can. If not I might just rebuild my automatic for now. It’s leaking REALLY bad and it just not shifting right

It is hard to mix and match on the Mopar 4 speed stuff. Try to find a matched factory set up for a '67 or '68. Its never cheap on Mopar stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back