• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 727 kickdown band replacement

That's why I asked. Heck didn't break the low/reverse anchor when my partner hit reverse in the traps @ 120 MPH. Car went sideways & off in the dirt, but stayed upright. A VERY good car! Did bend the frame & the K member.

I was rolling down the staging lanes at Columbus. Went to press the neutral button at about 10 mph. Hit the R button instead. It locked up, stalled, nothing else and seemed fine. A week later at Norwalk it made a bang trying to back out of the trailer. No reverse, broken band.
Doug

I forgot I had another hp trans sitting in the garage I may overhaul that one and swap it out do you guys use the original sprags over or replace it thanks

Did the cast anchor break off?

never seen a cast anchor break on a KD band, reverse yes. Put one in reverse going forward.
Doug

Yes in my case the cast anchor snapped off of the rear band. When I dropped the pan it was laying in there in pieces...the strut was laying next to it, unharmed. Luckily it happened backing out of the garage! So I rebuilt it then. I had pulled the trans from a '68 New Yorker that appeared in my favorite junkyard, with police impound stickers still on it..It was clean inside, shifted fine and turned easy so I put it straight into my car (cleaned it up first) and proceeded to beat the crap out of it on the street for two years, 'till that band broke....worth every bit of the $65 I paid lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back