• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 b body carpet

Carpet going under sill plate if you don't insulation might need something to thick it up. Bare carpet the sill plates won't clamp well.

On one pic I can't see the pic close. On a 69 do you cut the carpet around the square brackets that is part of the gas pedal arm. Or do you lap the carpet over the roller
Carpet going under sill plate if you don't insulation might need something to thick it up. Bare carpet the sill plates won't clamp well.
So should the carpet be under the Sill plates ?. I thought it would be too thick underneath for the Sills to screw down. . just wondering . My old one kind of went all the way to the edge but was so worn out can't tell

There is a hole for the arm to come through the carpet. That is a straight cut where the pivot comes back. It is spread open because that carpet is now 51 years old.

read post #4 again. Slow down, sit down and relax then read it.

yes the carpet goes under the sill plates.

44D142B3-D0BA-4EE4-8265-F5E8C4636131.png

Used a soldering Iron to make holes in my carpet. Make's it less ragged on the edge. Some one did not take their time. On the install. A slice at top to go around steering column then use carpet tape to make a good seam. Just another two cent's for the jar.

There is a hole for the arm to come through the carpet. That is a straight cut where the pivot comes back. It is spread open because that carpet is now 51 years old.

read post #4 again. Slow down, sit down and relax then read it.

yes the carpet goes under the sill plates.

View attachment 1175260
Thanks for the photos. And description. Saves alot of time trying to figure out how it was .

Carpet Pictures for 4 speed cars with a console.
Thanks for the pictures R413, Jerry and others.
We installed carpets in the past years. 26 years ago I think the ACC carpet came with instructions and I think some factory cuts.
Got the new ACC carpet out on Sunday, no cutouts or instructions. Unfortunately my old carpet is not available at this time.
If anyone has a picture of their old carpet still in the car with the seats and console removed, I would appreciate seeing pictures with the cutouts.
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back