• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 b body carpet

Durandal25

Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
Team

I’ve seen several threads about carpet, but not a lot of pics for reference. Installation is challenging, but would be way easier with great references for gas pedal / footpad location….and other key location points. For the 67 coronet I have this reference pic, but would love to see more.

9F12A928-B6C1-4975-B67C-D308B5389309.jpeg

I always locate the gas pedal in the upper right corner of the foot pad, and work everything from there.

Here are pictures of 2 factory original carpets and how they cut it for the pedals and column. 1967 and 1970 They have a hole for the gas pedal rod, and a slit for the pivot to move. I see all sorts of cutouts here that Folks do that are wrong. Then they have a half round cut out for the column and clutch pedal rod.

Remove the dimmer switch and get the carpet laying flat on the floor for a few days before you start cutting on it.
You’ve got a nice car there 67 Coronet 440 2 door hardtop with factory AC on a red interior.

88893391-C31F-436A-8B8F-118CD3F15881.png 347CB4F0-E322-44B6-8D9F-F2B6DDA23466.png

Here are pictures of 2 factory original carpets and how they cut it for the pedals and column. 1967 and 1970 They have a hole for the gas pedal rod, and a slit for the pivot to move. I see all sorts of cutouts here that Folks do that are wrong. Then they have a half round cut out for the column and clutch pedal rod.

Remove the dimmer switch and get the carpet laying flat on the floor for a few days before you start cutting on it.
You’ve got a nice car there 67 Coronet 440 2 door hardtop with factory AC on a red interior.

View attachment 1133565 View attachment 1133567

….had, and yes….she was awesome. Got the 67 vert now

Get some good quality scissors

Got some really great ones, and a very good burner for the fibers

I always locate the gas pedal in the upper right corner of the foot pad, and work everything from there.

Jerry,

As close as you can tell, what edge clearance do you normally go with 1/2 inch , 1/4?

This is a factory carpet in a 1967 coronet. There is a white foam rectangle the goes under the carpet to hold it up tigh so there is zero gap between the carpet and pedal, so no dirt and pebbles go under there.

E3233228-159D-4F80-956A-261C575070EC.jpeg 4B9CD771-DB8F-48B7-A39F-A95C509A2991.jpeg

I’m glad to show photos of the original car I have. Especially after some of the botched carpet jobs I’ve seen out there.

I’m glad to show photos of the original car I have. Especially after some of the botched carpet jobs I’ve seen out there.
This is why I tend to label threads the way I do......I know everyone on here craves reverence material. Super thanks again......

I have a buddy seat to drop in and using the pedal and the high beam foot control helps a lot in getting it centered.....noting that the cuts by the flootboard play huge roll too, as well as the upper pedal hole and slit. I took some pics of the rear for the back seats too, but carpet was largely torn out by then due to moisture. In a convertible the back seat fit is a bit different as you need to "staple" the carpet around the platic panels at the bottom. The seat itself had its own carpet inserts. I'll take good pics of those when I install.

This is a factory carpet in a 1967 coronet. There is a white foam rectangle the goes under the carpet to hold it up tigh so there is zero gap between the carpet and pedal, so no dirt and pebbles go under there.

View attachment 1134490 View attachment 1134491

.....so directly below the pedal base? Where the bolts go through the pan? 2 by 4 inch?

Need some pics of the 67 carpet cuts for the following if possible.
1. Kick panels
2. Sill plate area
3. Back seat area 2 Dr Convertible

Any pics of back seat carpet area of 67-66 coronet convertibles would be great!
The area where the panels meet the carpet especially.

9B9A1855-A928-4F29-AC59-7ED672DC2CED.jpeg

Any pics of back seat carpet area of 67-66 coronet convertibles would be great!
The area where the panels meet the carpet especially.

View attachment 1135928

This pic is just too degraded to really get a good look on how the carpet was racked up… I’m not sure if it was just pieced on or part of the floor carpet

Auto Transport Service
Back