• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger 4 speed tunnel, none console finish

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
I would like to know if the 4 speed tunnel on a 67 Charger, no console, was stamped into the floor pan at the factory or were they welded in individually per order? And if welded, was there a weld seam around the entire shifter tunnel "hump" or was it tack welded and had a seam sealer?

I have read on this forum about converting the automatic transmission in a console car to a four speed manual but I am curious to know how the final look for a non-console 4 speed tunnel looks.

I had a 69 Roadrunner , bench seat with a 4 speed shifetr "hump" in my tunnel from the factory, and it looked like it had a seam sealer around the four speed shifter tunnel that appears to be part of the floor pan.

If anyone has a photo of what a 67 Charger 4 speed non-console should look like, please post in your reply.

Thank you.

They cut out a hole, tacked the tunnel on top, and finished with seam sealer.

I think 66-7s came standard with buckets and console. You would have to special order a console delete.

If any do exist, they are probably very rare.

Last edited:

I think 66-7s came standard with buckets and console. You would have to special order a console delete.

I agree on the tunnel explanation.

Console was standard on a 1966 charger, even with a 3 speed manual on the column.
Console was an option on all 1967 B-bodies.

I've never seen one, and I've seen a few, all had consoles

I would like to know if the 4 speed tunnel on a 67 Charger, no console, was stamped into the floor pan at the factory or were they welded in individually per order? And if welded, was there a weld seam around the entire shifter tunnel "hump" or was it tack welded and had a seam sealer?

I have read on this forum about converting the automatic transmission in a console car to a four speed manual but I am curious to know how the final look for a non-console 4 speed tunnel looks.

I had a 69 Roadrunner , bench seat with a 4 speed shifetr "hump" in my tunnel from the factory, and it looked like it had a seam sealer around the four speed shifter tunnel that appears to be part of the floor pan.

If anyone has a photo of what a 67 Charger 4 speed non-console should look like, please post in your reply.

Thank you.
Hi. If you look at the 66-7 Dodge Charger Registry sight, you might se some non console 67 4 speeds registered. I think there are a few 3 on the tree cars registered.

My understanding is that all 1966 Chargers were built with a console. In 1967 it was an option. In addition, one could order a "buddy seat"(build tag code "a5"), which is fastened in-between the bucket seats(build tag code b4). Looks like a big armrest, see attached photo. I have found (and purchased) a 67 Charger whose build tag(see attached photo) indicates a 4 speed, non-console bucket seat with the buddy seat and whomever had the car years ago must have removed the tunnel. I want to return to its original 4 speed configuration.

19093791-1967-dodge-charger-srcset-xxl.jpg 19093800-1967-dodge-charger-srcset-xxl.jpg Build Tag (2).jpeg

Just to be clear, the photos I posted are to show the buddy seat option with the bucket seats. This is a car that I found for sale online and am using the photo as a refernce for the buddy seat, nothing to do with the four speed question at hand.

Hi. If you look at the 66-7 Dodge Charger Registry sight, you might se some non console 67 4 speeds registered. I think there are a few 3 on the tree cars registered.
I looked at the registry and you are correct, there are 4 cars registered with a 4 speed non-console car. I also found two with the buddy seat, see photos. Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Buddy seat with 4 speed.jpg 4 speed non console with buddy seat.jpg 4 speed non console photo.jpg four speed tunnel.jpg

Just found an excellent photo of a 4 speed non console with a buddy seat. Thanks to
440 4 speed.

Yesterday we tacked welded the 4 speed tunnel into the car. Will put seam sealer on today.

Thanks to all.

4 speed tunnel installed.jpeg 4 speed tunnel view.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back