• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 Charger/'66 Coronet gauge cluster interchangeability

iowaguy

Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
Working on a '67 Charger. Previous owner was trying to put in a digital gauge cluster and "butchered" the wiring and damaged the original gauge cluster. At the the moment I have aftermarket oil/temp/amp gauges laying on the console and guessing on gas. Old Garmin for speedo.

At a private junkyard they have a '66 Coronet 4 door. Body is beyond shot, interior is trashed, but dash/gauge cluster looks good. I have not seen the car personally as it would be a day's trip there and back and only seen some pictures. Would I be able to take the under dash wiring and gauge cluster and have it work in the Charger? Going more for function over form until I get the Charger gauge cluster replaced.

Most of it would work.
But the coronet would have an oil pressure light and not a gauge. I would have to cross check the schematics. Maybe put a WTB add here instead?

The dash frame itself is different because of the different style of Charger gauges versus Coronet. The lower edge of the cluster hole is scallopped for the Charger gauges, and straight for the Coronet ones. Plus, the dash frame is different between 1966 and 1967. The steering column cutout is smaller in 1966 for smaller diameter column. In 1967, everyone went to collapsible steering columns and on the B-bodies, were larger diameter. Check 1966-1967 Charger forum for help. Put on a WTB ad for a good 1967 Charger dash. The windshield has to be pulled to change these.

Thanks for the replies.

I figured it would be too good to be true that it would be a direct swap.

Working on a '67 Charger. Previous owner was trying to put in a digital gauge cluster and "butchered" the wiring and damaged the original gauge cluster. At the the moment I have aftermarket oil/temp/amp gauges laying on the console and guessing on gas. Old Garmin for speedo.

At a private junkyard they have a '66 Coronet 4 door. Body is beyond shot, interior is trashed, but dash/gauge cluster looks good. I have not seen the car personally as it would be a day's trip there and back and only seen some pictures. Would I be able to take the under dash wiring and gauge cluster and have it work in the Charger? Going more for function over form until I get the Charger gauge cluster replaced.
You need to contact SKatpak on this Forum, he rebulds these gauge clusters in his sleep. He would know the answer you need. Or he might have the cluster you need. He just posted a 66 Cluster he has just finished and has no car to put in into. Contact him. See his latest post
66 Charger Cluster.

I have a complete 66 Charger gauge set and dash wiring harness for sale if you want to do the job once.

Auto Transport Service
Back