• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger Grille Support Parts- Semi-Gloss Black or Hi-Gloss Black

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
On my 67 Charger I have removed all of the grille support components/parts, together with headlights/motors and stripped all of the paint and primed, ready for paint. The black paint appeared to be a high gloss black but I just want to be sure before I paint the grill support parts (excluding the headlight doors and grille).

I have attached a full diagram from my Mopar Parts Catalog.

What color black were these parts painted: Semi-Gloss Black or Hi-Gloss Black?

Thanks in advance.

Grille Component Diagram.JPG

On my 67 Charger I have removed all of the grille support components/parts, together with headlights/motors and stripped all of the paint and primed, ready for paint. The black paint appeared to be a high gloss black but I just want to be sure before I paint the grill support parts (excluding the headlight doors and grille).

I have attached a full diagram from my Mopar Parts Catalog.

What color black were these parts painted: Semi-Gloss Black or Hi-Gloss Black?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1046074
I think it is semi gloss, also have to do mine.

I don't know if this will help, but this is a '66 front end. I don't believe there is any difference in finish from '66 to '67 in this area.

Though in need of restoration, this is still wearing the original finish. I tried to quickly clean up a couple of small spots. It looks like a satin finish. Even if I waxed it, I believe it would be satin, maybe semi-gloss.

20201230_194443.jpg 20201230_194506.jpg 20201230_194604.jpg 20201230_194631.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning Rebellion, I just confirmed that the finish is Semi-Gloss Black according to the Mopar B-Body Restoration 1966-1970 book by Kevin Shaw and Mike Wilkins. I have attached photos from the book with the finishes stated for correctness. Looks like 440-4 speed had it right, again. I will post my before and after photos of the parts I paint. Thanks for you help and photos of the underneath of your car.

K member in Semi Gloss finish.JPEG Front Components Finishes.JPEG

Rebellion, misspoke on my reply, didn't mean to say "underneath" of your car, sorry. I was typing too fast and thinking of another response.

Auto Transport Service
Back