• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger Headliner / Color Change

mr carl

Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys.....in the last stage of my Charger build, repaint and install the one piece headliner. The headliner original color is a "TAN" color and I want to change it to the present interior..."BLACK". The material feels like a fabric over a hard cardboard. Has anyone ever sprayed a fabric paint or dye on one of these headliners, and if yes please advise what brand and number of paint that was used.

thanks

Carl
DSCN3259.JPG
DSCN3260.JPG
DSCN3261.JPG

I used SEM blue.
Worked OK.
Here's a can to show.

44415.jpg

I changed a gold headliner for a 67 Charger to black using RIT dye sold in most stores like Jewel/Osco. Laid it out on the grass, heated some water and added the dye to it and sprayed it on using a standard paint gun. The material of the liner was the stock 1 piece hardboard and has held up good. I also used it to freshen up some of the lower carpet on some doors I had. Hot water, spray it on and let it dry.

Thanks Guys.....I have been recovering from a surgery, so sorry for my delay. I had a couple cans of SEM 15243 that I used for all my plastic and vinyl repaint, so I used the two cans on the headliner. I was really surprised as to how good it turned out and it did not rub off. Waiting on the interior metal to get re-chromed….and than I can say I have completed this car ….yippee

Found a picture of the car when I brought it home 20 years ago and a couple of my son working on the body in 2004 at the high school trade school.

Carl
MVC-026F (2).JPG
MVC-707F.JPG
MVC-708F.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back