• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger Hemi Fuel Lines dual carb setup-not lining up

I installed my fuel lines after I increased the bend on the line to fit the "T" in the prependicular position, so my fuel line from the fuel pump would line up. I also shortened the rubber connector hose on the line to the front carb. It is all secure and completed. See photos.

Fuel line bend.JPG fuel line to fuel pump with 45 degree fitting.JPG Fuel lines installed.JPG

Looks better. Is this an OEM restoration, looks like your sticking to original. I do have a restored Hemi fuel pump. Getting rid of the 45 deg fitting which does hurt flow some, would help alignment of the first 3/8" line and Tee.

This is my first Hemi Charger restoration and yes I am trying to get everything correct. Thanks for the offer on the fuel pump but now that I just got the fuel lines finally installed I would like to get it back in the car and see it running. Send me a PM with a price you want for your fuel pump and I will give it some thought. Thank you.

FYI.....Regarding flare fittings:
45° Flare is an SAE (Society of Automotive Engineering) spec and can be accomplished easily with tools presently available
37-1/2 ° Flare is an JIC (Joint Industry Conference) spec, adopted by the military as an AN (Army - Navy) spec requirement because its more vibration immune and usually can withstand higher pressures . It can be flared but its not real common.
BOB RENTON
Bob your right on I use it and they never leak.

I am ready to istall the engine in the car this Saturday, finished dressing the engine last week and installed flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and bellhousing.

Bellhousing installed.JPG IMG_2125.JPG IMG_2126.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back