• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger Parking Brake Cable assembly help needed

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
My 67 Charger parking brake cable is missing the last section of cable that attaches to the rear frame bracket on the driver side and the cable that runs over the the passenger side rear brake. The missing cable section is 9-10 inches long. When I bought my car the parking cable has two long zip ties holding it to the frame bracket, see attached photos. I am restoring the car and I am down to this parking cable assembly. In my service manual (page 5-20) the assemble diagram is so small I can't make out what needs to be purchased and assemble.

Which vendor has amy Forum Member used to repair/replace this cable? I am assuming that I am missing the last section of cable rod that must connect to the threaded rod which is hanging on my car by the ZIP TIES. Any photos of the assembly would be appreciated together with any first hand knowledge of the parts required to complete this repair/repalcement.
emergency brake cable rod.jpg
emergency brake cable.jpg
emergency brake cable rod measurement to frame bracket.jpg

You have a wrong idea going, so discard what you are thinking.

Your cable as pictured is complete. The nut on that threaded rod is for adjustment, so clean it off with a wire brush and lubricate it so that nut will turn. It is a type of lock nut so it will have resistance to turning all the time.

The cables from the rear brakes mount in that frame bracket and then go into that stamped steel bracket you have on there, one on each end of it.

question, what do you have for cables coming out of your backing plates?

I do not have any cables coming out of the rear brakes. That is why I am looking for some direction.

Get a L +R rear cables and you're done.
Hope all the rest of the ebrake stuff is in the drums.

On the threaded rod on cable you have, the forward end is square so grip it with vice grips to hold it from turning. A ratcheting box wrench is good on the nut. The nut will normally have tension all the time, not free spinning.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back