• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet dash light circuit

1carlover

Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
The orange wire B on my 67 Coronet r/t circuit board plug provides power to the instrument lights however my dash lights still dont work. The circuit board and dash lights were bench tested and function as they should. The headlight switch and the dash harness are new. All interior lights, headlights, taillights, turn signals and emergency flasher work fine. The interior lights come on when the headlight switch turns them on however dash lights still do not light switched in any position. Does anyone have a diagram of the dimmer switch or the under dash headlight circuit because its difficult to follow in the 67 service manual. Id really like to get this figured out so I can put the dash back together again and drive this summer.

Last edited:
Here is a diagram I found. If the cluster circuit is fine you'll have to trace it back to the fuse box.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...coronet-wiring-diagram-full-color-jpg.121469/
Thanks for that info. I do have a laminated color diagram, but it only helps to identify the path the wires in the harness take and switches they connect to. It would be helpful to see a diagram of just the light circuit from the bulkhead connector to the switch but it splits off in different directions and becomes difficult to make sense.

Is it possible to run a jumper in the headlight switch terminal and bypass the dimmer switch altogether so that dash lights turn on along with the headlights. Where can you find a terminal diagram for the headlight switch ?

I'm
Did you get it handled yet?
I want to apologize for not responding sooner but to answer your question....no it's not resolved.and I am stumped. I've paid techs with more automotive knowledge than me fail at diagnosing this fuse blowing no dash light issue. We were able to gat the dash lights working but only lasted for a few days. I logged in tonight to seek help and glad I had a chance to respond.

If keeps blowing the dash light fuse? Then start looking at all the wiring and bulbs in that circuit. I have seen people install the wrong bulbs before.

What else is in the dash light circuit? Tail lights?

If keeps blowing the dash light fuse? Then start looking at all the wiring and bulbs in that circuit. I have seen people install the wrong bulbs before.

What else is in the dash light circuit? Tail lights?

The circuit board is new style and dash bulbs are leds with new sockets. Circuit board and new bulbs were bench tested before installing. All dash lights and rheostat were working but only lasted for a few days then went dark and back to blowing fuses. Even installed a repro factory harness as we believed the problem was in a 50 yr old part. I will be checking all connections not directly attached to the harness since the cluster has been removed again for the third or fourth time. Dash light circuit and accessory circuit on the first 15a fuse and tailights and dome light are on the fuse next to it and it will also blow if we jump wire the fuse on the dash light circuit. Its just going to take some additional time to check out.

Auto Transport Service
Back