• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet Grill on a 66 Coronet?

MonkeyTrev

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a 66 coronet, but I love the look of the R/T front grill from the 67. I prefer the taillights on the 66 over the 67. This is why I figured it was easier to swap grills than cutting out the taillights. Is it an easy swap or is there lots of cutting end fabrication involved?

F7240D55-B919-423C-8D11-B89C10E4057A.jpeg 701B0D40-4A93-435C-B78B-304AB8EB4612.jpeg

Nothing interchanges really, buckets are different, fenders ECT.

There is a bit of work involved. Nothing too terribly hard. I was going to do this myself. I'm sure glad I didn't now......although I do have a 67 front bumper because that is all I have.

593F898E-56D4-4A97-949F-A17463241620.jpeg

The headlights are more inboard on a 66 than a 67. I put a 66 fender on my 67, and had to fabricate a headlight mounting bracket. The park/turn lights are of course in a different location.

Yes. It can be done. The head light buckets are different and mounted differently although the structure to mount them up is there on either. The space across the front is identical. The trim is the same on the outer edges. The crossbars under and behind the surrounds are the same. The biggest hurdle is the fenders inner nose structure. To make it easier just get a pair of 67 fenders and bolt them up. Then install the grill. You will need a 67 bumper for the turn signals as the 67 grill does not incorporate them.. It's the same when you install a 66 Charger grill into a 67 Coronet. The turn signals are in the grill and you then need a 66 Charger bumper. Good luck finding an RT center grille section.

The trim around the outer edges is not the same. While the fenders are the same, the trim surround has a different shape, or profile, between the two years. (We have one of each here.)

Why not just put a Charger grill setup on it. Looks great. My plan if I can get another 66 or 67 Coronet is to this:
1966coronet-three-quarters-front-view-jpg.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the head light bucket mounting for a 67 coronet I have service manual but only one vague picture. I have to fab new top brackets since mine were rotted out

Does anyone have a picture of the head light bucket mounting for a 67 coronet I have service manual but only one vague picture. I have to fab new top brackets since mine were rotted out
This what you are looking for?
s-l1600.jpg

Red do you have any pictures showing it mounted in fender i have to fabricate the bracket that connects to under side of fender top btw thank you for your help merry christmas
Welcome. Merry Christmas too. No more picts at this time. Everything put away for winter. Ghostrider 67 looks like he got you ones of the parts book and a fender. You must be working with the elves in your garage for Christmas.

I no longer have my 67 Coronet headlight buckets. I'm putting 67 Charger rotating units and grill in the Express. If I'm remembering correctly the bucket frame bolts to those two welded nuts along the top and a little bracket deal on the lower portion that between them hold the buckets out away from the plate for the wiring to pass behind it.

host why it doesnt look like that i cant explain but the head lamp holders look different
yes. the 66 are welded to the fender plate whereas the 67 is bolted up, or visa versa, I cant remember. 67 buckets are thicker and heavier. 66 are thin.

Agree, the 66's are welded.

Auto Transport Service
Back