• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet R/T

Bennoel 10

Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for my question but here it goes....what colour pie plate should I have for an original 440 ci 67 coronet R/T, orange or red ???

From what Google Images tells me from pictures of '67 R/T's, it seems that orange is the winner. Others may chime in.

coronet_2_78e1ca38c5302aa32dc61cbf81cc617ec43b8ed2.jpg

Well red is what the factory used, what’s on peoples cars could be anything.

Don, the one you posted is red. See the color difference in the “orange box” on the firewall.

Last edited:
Well red is what the factory used, what’s on peoples cars could be anything,
I was afraid of that. Unfortunately that's what I thought (red). Wonder if the red one is available ??

Red is right, from a '67 R/T owner. Based on comments that I have seen on here, they are no longer being reproduced.

Just can’t imagine it will be long before they are made again, look how many cars they fit. Red/ orange 1967-1971, simple color change to make them all.

Just can’t imagine it will be long before they are made again, look how many cars they fit. Red/ orange 1967-1971, simple color change to make them all.
Greetings: I have a 67 Coronet R/T 440 Magnum I purchased new and still have it. RED is the proper pie tin as that is what came on mine in 1967. I believe Classic industries is in the process of producing some.

I have the original pie tin 449 it is damaged but original to my car and bought another from classic industries 7 years ago or more hope you find one

Auto Transport Service
Back