67 Coronet Headliner Questions

Interior

1. Mike67

Mike67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:45 PM
    So when I bought my car it had a headliner in it but it was pulled away from all of the tack strips and did not have the hard sail panels.
    My question is did all cars have them? Do they go on the outside of the fabric or under? The reason I ask is Classic Ind shows 2 different types for 67 B Bodys, one being a cardboard the other being a perforated vinyl..???
    Also what goes around the rear window tack strip? Windlace??? Anything where the package tray and headliner meet?
    Pics would be awesome!!!!

2. R413

R413 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:45 PM
    How many doors? and hardtop or sedan roof? It changes the rear glass inside trim.

No hard sail panels on any of the 67 body styles, it’s all headliner material down the rear pillars to the package tray.
    Watch Adam 12 driving shots in the car, Both 68 and 69 4 doors don’t have hard sail panels either, it’s all soft material. A 68-70 2 door has hard sail panels.

There is soft flexible cardboard that goes on the roof and under the material on 2dht sail panels.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mike67

Mike67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Sorry forgot to mention that, its a 2 Door HT.
      So what are these for if they go under the material on the sail panel?
      https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1967/dodge/coronet/parts/mb8262008.html

• 69L48Z27

69L48Z27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:45 PM
      The only cardboard is under the head liner on the pillars that come down to the package tray just like R413 said. No idea what those things are at CI, maybe 4 door only?

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • 69L48Z27

69L48Z27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        8ADFA1C5-69F5-43C5-BD14-DC45214F78EF.jpeg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mike67

Mike67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          ya Im confused too! The description says 2dr HT...Does the headliner glue to the cardboard?

• mtbase

mtbase FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
          Agree with 69L
          The cardboard is under the headliner material in a 2 door and is non-existent in a 2door hard top. The "B" pillar mounted courtesy lights would not fit otherwise. I've had four '66' Coronets and one was a 4dr....it was the only one with cardboard behind. In all fairness, the other 3 were 500's, I can't imagine why it would be different for a 440,330 or Delux 2dr ht.

I did my headliner, looks good, but that "B" pillar section is a bother to get right. Do yourself a favor and buy Legendary. I tried to save a few bucks for others and the dollar savings is not worth it. Nine yards into it.....regret hits you

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
            By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.