• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet headliner at rear window questions

MannHill

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Hoping someone can clarify this, I have a 67 Coronet R/T 2-door hardtop here that I got as a half finished stalled project. A new headliner was in it when I got it, but barely, it was all baggy and loosely hung. I am attempting to re-do the headliner and my questions are around the back window. Previous Mopar liners from this era that I have done attached to 3-piece metal tack/shark tooth strips around the back window and were then finished with a plastic trim that snapped over the shark teeth. I recall some models used chrome trim(?) I received this vehicle with no tooth strips and instead the liner glued around the back window gasket flange/pinch weld and no trim for the inside of the window whatsoever. Also my reading here, and elsewhere, indicates that the hardtop models didn't use any cardboard behind the liner at the sails, but I can see the remains of clips in some holes of the inner sheet metal, so I'm not so sure now.

Can anyone verify how the liner attaches around the back window, how it is trimmed out and how the sails should be? Pictures would be awesome.

Thanks!

Check out the build thread in my signature. Failure sure I had some good pics of the headliner install

67 used cardboard behind as a backer. 67 used the tack strip, tooth strip. The back window has chrome molding that screws on.

Might be a typo in the response above 67 vs 67?

I've not done a 67 "23" body, but I removed the trim from a 67 "41" body and it did use teeth.

I am pretty sure I have a ( tooth bracket ) set from a 66 coronet 2 dr post car.
If you can get any use from them you can have them for the shipping cost.
PM me if you want them.

Auto Transport Service
Back