• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet R/T convertible

At first glance, it looks nice, but lots wrong in these pictures. It's driver quality, not restored.

1702337507025.png

1702337531881.png

1702337569796.png

1702337618384.png

Thanks RC! I see some things also, but not wanting to rag on it if it belongs to one of our members. Nice driver is what I'm after but do want a real WS27. The colors match my want list to a T. I'm thinking I've seen this one for sale at a previous auction.

Do a VIN search on Google. Just sold in Hershey for $36k and change. 2 months ago.

Someone did a hack job on the rear quarters and that's why the WLM's aren't on.
That's where I'd be looking.
Doors don't line up too well..

It has Coronet 500 headlight bezels on it, with horizontal bars.

They put speakers in the rear interior panels. Those panels are hard to find and expensive.

Thanks to all who responded and keep them coming. Someone has to be the guy standing next to me saying all what's wrong. I can overlook a lot of things for a driver as I do not want a show poodle. But I caught myself already calculating correct replacement parts. There is still a month before the auction, but if this one had 3 pedals I'd already have a plane ticket.

Looks like a quick clean and flip.
Brake cable in the left front wheel house is painted body color
steering wheel is 68-69

A blind man must have welded the exhaust together. I can do better than that. And Im not a welder by any means
I would want a straight on picture of the rear. It looks like the right side tail light turns upward from the trunk panel ??????

That exhaust welding is atrocious and would need to be rectified as holes are burned through the pipes.

Someone did a hack job on the rear quarters and that's why the WLM's aren't on.
That's where I'd be looking.
Doors don't line up too well..
Had quarter panel repair done back in the day on my first GTX. Guy did a hack job, and had plenty of excuses on why I was better off without the wheel lip moldings. That would be a deal breaker for me. I sold that car a year later, didn't want to throw more money at it to clean things up.

On the convertible, it just doesn't look right behind the rear wheel. Also, notice the bumper gap.

1702415789362.png

1702415812773.png

Agree.

They did a good job with the body lines (which is SUPER hard to do), but it looks "bulged out" behind the wheel at the bottom.

Possibly a rear end collision car.

there is a place not far from me, I suppose it is still there..... basically a classic car dealer

stopped in one time and nosed around around a little..... everything was a bondo buggy, and he had a couple of "body guys" working in a shop area located in the rear.

anything decent he had was obviously on consignment

convertibles seem to be born rusty, and just gets worse over time

you guys have picked it apart pretty good, I will add that the paint seems kinda "dead" in the pics.....

the missing wheel opening trim is the biggest red flag.

detail pics of the underside, and inside the trunk, inside the lower doors, ect would be nice

there are no pics of any of the common problem areas

I was waiting for one of our "FBBO premier " body guys to check in. I agree the missing mouldings are a big flag, and the quarters do seem bulged a little. The trunk lid also seems poorly fitted as do the doors. Also the missing underside photos besides the poorly done exhaust and spray painted driveshaft are clues. My first impression was that it sustained rear end damage also. I can overlook the battery, radiator, electric choke, etc, in the engine compartment. But my gut is saying no on this one. The car obviously has provenance. And it did check 90% of my wish list, but I can't afford @eldubb440 to make it right. The search continues.
Thanks to all who responded.

I was waiting for one of our "FBBO premier " body guys to check in. I agree the missing mouldings are a big flag, and the quarters do seem bulged a little. The trunk lid also seems poorly fitted as do the doors. Also the missing underside photos besides the poorly done exhaust and spray painted driveshaft are clues. My first impression was that it sustained rear end damage also. I can overlook the battery, radiator, electric choke, etc, in the engine compartment. But my gut is saying no on this one. The car obviously has provenance. And it did check 90% of my wish list, but I can't afford @eldubb440 to make it right. The search continues.
Thanks to all who responded.

I didn't want to poke any holes in your dream; but once you start tearing into it to fix "minor" stuff, there may be no turning back......

when they don't show the trunk pan, the inside of the quarters, and the drops; they are trying to hide something.......anyone selling a solid Mopar would go to great lengths to emphasize these areas

it looks like a 20-30 year old makeover to me, and the panel fit is atrocious

Auto Transport Service
Back