• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet R/T Tire/Wheel Fit

Rkoetting5

Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
I know, first post and I'm asking the question that is answered by hundreds of previous posts. I've spent the past week reading as many of the tire fitment posts as I could find. However, my question is slightly different. Most of the posts ask what is the absolutely largest tire that can be squeezed into the wheel wells? I would like to know what size tires would be an easy, guaranteed fit, with passengers, over speed bumps, any normal driving? I am planning on 15x7 Magnum 500 replicas (probably Wheel Vintiques) and have almost settled on P225/70R15 Radial T/As on all four corners. Has anyone had a problem with the 225s being too large on the front? Any larger in the front? And, could a 235/70 or 245/70 be a guaranteed no-hassle fit in the rear? And with a 235/70 or 245/70, would the 7 inch wheel still be best? Again, what I want is a guaranteed no problem fit, and I would rather have a tire a little too small than one that is a little too large. Switching from P205/75R14 with standard hub caps, so anything will look better! Thanks! Bob Koetting

I ran 245x15x60's on stock 7 inch rim 70's are taller I run 215's on the front(215x60x15)
245x70 should be no problem for the rear

215 70 15 is good up front.size i have on my 67 now.i have put on 235 60 15,235 70 15,and 255 60 15 in the rear.they all fit good.might get a slight rub with the 255's on a big bump at speed.

There are about 100 post like this...

Front: could be last large as 245-60-15... On a 7" with 4.25" BS wheel without rubbing. I run 215/70-15 on 3.75 BS and could probably go as large 235-60-15 if I wanted.

Rears: 255/60-15 on 8" wheel on with 4.5 BS is the max without modification. or a 10" Tread width. You can go taller but not wider without trimming.

Personally, if you want all the same size. I would do 235/70-15. Here's a thread with pictures of 235/70-15 on a 66 Belvedere
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...d-backspache-on-66-satellite.1751/#post-15803

I found this particular website helpful when comparing tire/wheel sizing.
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, and I know there "are about 100 posts like this," but what I was looking for was not necessarily the largest tires that would fit, but a larger tire that would have no issues whatsoever. Reading a few of the hundreds of posts I noticed a few complaints about front tire fit with 235/70 15s, so I have decided on using 225/70 15s on all four corners. Just got off the phone with Summit, and I should have them next week. Later, if I really want to try to maximize the rear tire size, I can change up. Last car, about 15 years ago was a 65 Satellite that I had tubbed with 13-31/15s Mickey Thompson Sportmans and SS springs moved into the frame rails and a narrowed 8 3/4. That was fun, but looking to do more of a restoration with a few upgrades, such as these wheels, disc front conversion, and a sure grip. The car is too nice to butcher like I did in my youth. Original 67 RT Coronet, 440 auto, factory AC (blows cold), power steering and brakes. Although I was looking in the trunk today and got thinking that with the new plasma cutter, getting the factory wheel wells out would be fairly simple, and they really were too small originally...

IMG_0342.JPG

I know, first post and I'm asking the question that is answered by hundreds of previous posts. Again, what I want is a guaranteed no problem fit, and I would rather have a tire a little too small than one that is a little too large. Switching from P205/75R14 with standard hub caps, so anything will look better! Thanks! Bob Koetting

Go to a tire store, if you want promises.

235 by 15 by 60 will work..215's on the front

Thanks for the replies, and I know there "are about 100 posts like this," but what I was looking for was not necessarily the largest tires that would fit, but a larger tire that would have no issues whatsoever. Reading a few of the hundreds of posts I noticed a few complaints about front tire fit with 235/70 15s, so I have decided on using 225/70 15s on all four corners. Just got off the phone with Summit, and I should have them next week. Later, if I really want to try to maximize the rear tire size, I can change up. Last car, about 15 years ago was a 65 Satellite that I had tubbed with 13-31/15s Mickey Thompson Sportmans and SS springs moved into the frame rails and a narrowed 8 3/4. That was fun, but looking to do more of a restoration with a few upgrades, such as these wheels, disc front conversion, and a sure grip. The car is too nice to butcher like I did in my youth. Original 67 RT Coronet, 440 auto, factory AC (blows cold), power steering and brakes. Although I was looking in the trunk today and got thinking that with the new plasma cutter, getting the factory wheel wells out would be fairly simple, and they really were too small originally...

View attachment 362341
I am also thinking about 225/70r15 on my 67 Coronet RT. I have 15x6 4" BS. What did you end up using?

Auto Transport Service
Back