• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet.....You dirty S.O.B!

krowbar

Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
Just curious... How many times have you hit your head on the hood latch while working on your car? GREAT engineering!

i thought you were calling me a name.lol.you need to bleed to love these rides.

When I first started working on cars, I did that a few times but that was all that was needed....been 35 years since. Maybe it's because I use the safety latch to hang my drop light on? :) But on the other hand, I put a fiberglass hood on my 66 Belvedere nearly 25 years ago :D

First order of business, that friggin thing comes off. Hit my head on it when I was 18, now 66 and still doin it. If only I could learn something. Different 67 but same dumb me.

cut a hole in a tennis ball and stick 'er on there. wont hurt...as much lol

66 too!Have drawn blood. Look at my avatar. I got mad and ripped the sob off.

Many a tool has been thrown MLB style due to that damn latch... Enough that the first 2 bolts that get turned under the hood are the 2 that hold that mother f'er on!!!!!

When I first started working on cars, I did that a few times but that was all that was needed....been 35 years since. Maybe it's because I use the safety latch to hang my drop light on? :) But on the other hand, I put a fiberglass hood on my 66 Belvedere nearly 25 years ago :D

:iamwithstupid: Yep, after the first couple times you learn to avoid it. My first couple times were back in 1973, it'll be 40 years this August I've been under that hood.

I also hang the trouble light there.

Been there .. and btw I also learned pretty young not to wear a ball cap while working under the hood or reaching into the trunk (blocks upward peripheral vision)

cut a hole in a tennis ball and stick 'er on there. wont hurt...as much lol

I have also used the the tennis ball trick for many years. It's nice and cushy when your head does hit it.

I bang my head more when wearing a hard hat. Like tallhair says, ball caps (hard hats too) block upward peripheral vision.

And I've see the tennis ball trick numerous times over the years. Had a buddy sneak up from behind me while I was looking under the hood and poked me in the side of my ribs and I banged my head pretty good when I jumped. Got him back by spraying brake wash directly at the tip of his welding rod about a week later. He unassed his welding hood pretty fast! He was kinda piss about it but after asking him if he banged his head he calmed down lol

All the time here too. Just don't take it off. Any idea what will happen when the primary latch fails and the secondary isn't there? Not good.

Lol these are GREAT replies !! Glad I'm not the only one:angry9:

Ya, you wouldn't take that latch off if you've ever had a hood come open at 70mph. Hard to see through the tiny gap between the hood and the cowl LOL. 59 dodge pu, lucked out though, they have a lip over the windshield so it didn't break the glass!:hello2:

Auto Transport Service
Back