• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet.....You dirty S.O.B!

Ya, you wouldn't take that latch off if you've ever had a hood come open at 70mph. Hard to see through the tiny gap between the hood and the cowl LOL. 59 dodge pu, lucked out though, they have a lip over the windshield so it didn't break the glass!:hello2:

F#@K that latch!! I'm thinking about putting hood pins on and taking thatP.O.S. Latch off.

I've been lucky so far....maybe its because my hood has been hanging in the shed for a year and a half.

I wrapped an old t-shirt around my latch, I hit it once too many times . . . then I followed KB's lead and took the hood off . . . That works even better !

We'll don't walk next to it..that som Bitch will still get you. It's evil I say!

Krowbar . . . you might have figured it out . . . better put it up in the rafters ! ! LOL

Way to often, it must of caused some brain damage cause I never thought of removing that POS (I have hood pins) next time it's gonna be on a shelf.

In the 80's I was with a bud of mine in his 72 Road Runner and the hood came up at around 40 mph when he was nailing it and it broke the windshield and dented the roof bad. We just dropped a rebuilt 400 in it and someone dropped the ball on latch adjustment LOL.

Way to often, it must of caused some brain damage cause I never thought of removing that POS (I have hood pins) next time it's gonna be on a shelf.

In the 80's I was with a bud of mine in his 72 Road Runner and the hood came up at around 40 mph when he was nailing it and it broke the windshield and dented the roof bad. We just dropped a rebuilt 400 in it and someone dropped the ball on latch adjustment LOL.
OUCH.lol

There's a mopar oe engineer in a nursing home somewhere STILL chuckling about his design............

this thread reminds me of why i like lift off hoods...

I did it two days ago.....I had a beer in my hand and was sneaking past to "find" something on the other side of the garage....I went straight to my knees and the wife just busted out laughing.....Im sure it was funny to see.

I did it two days ago.....I had a beer in my hand and was sneaking past to "find" something on the other side of the garage....I went straight to my knees and the wife just busted out laughing.....Im sure it was funny to see.

Did you at least save the beer?

On one of my 1970 A bodies (I guess you guys would call it a Dodge Dart) A Valiant 770 Hardtop, the hood latch is a thin pressed metal affair, and prone to breaking. One day only a week or so after I had installed a very worked small block 318, my younger brother asked if he could drive it. He had never driven a V8 up until that day..

Well a mate went past in his GM product, a 1975 Statesman with a worked 350. He thought I was driving and gave a little toot on the horn..

My brother looked at me for approval and I said go for it..

The hood came up at about 100MPH! And amazingly wrapped itself around the roof, without breaking the screen.

If you know that car, the windshield end of the hood ends in 2 points..which punched their way through the wiper cowl panel..I had to stand on the the left front fender and yank it out..Talk about doing some panel damage! :) I drove it home using octopus straps to hold this banana of a hood down..And got pulled over by the cops..LOL HE knew me (small town) and told me to take it directly home..I complied, wacked a new hood on it that was NOT a color match, slapped some filler in the holes (did a proper job in metal a few weeks later), and went back out cruising..hehe..

Good times..:)

Just curious... How many times have you hit your head on the hood latch while working on your car? GREAT engineering!

After 47 years of working on 66/67 b bodies,mostly, I have a current scab on the top of my balding head...I guess it's worth the price of owning a mopar

I haven't even driven mine yet and I'm already hitting my head on that damn thing "instant rage". Good timing with this thread because I'm debating on whether to install hood pins or not "I'm thinking maybe I should and get rid of it".

This is the one reason why I LOVE my Large, Long hooded, spacious 66-300!!!:headbang::pimp_daddy::upside down:

oh ya..ive done this and man..does that HURT..not only does it hurt your hair gets stuck in it too.well,mine does anyway...im feeling your pain brother..ha,ha..God Bless ya..Barry

Auto Transport Service
Back