• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Hemi 4-speed GTX on BaT

Not that I don't like them it's just my preferences skip from 67 and jump right over to 71. I agree though when buying a car you have to be aware of differences in values and can't ignore them. We never plan on selling our cars until we do, and it always seems to happen. I am always prepared to take a loss to buy something I like but if you're going to just flip it for sure then yeah buy it for the next guy, not for yourself.

Sorry, maybe it’s just me. - but way in excess of a $100k for a 67 - Not on my watch. 68, 69 hmmmm but a 67 couldn’t do it with someone else’s money ….

BTW - I’m not saying they’re not sweet cars, because they are but if you pay that for 67 - what in the heck would you pay for a 68 or 69 or even a 70?
To me the 67 is by far the best year for the GTX. Personally I do not like the 68 or 70 at all. The 69 is ok but the 67 is head and shoulders above it.

Some of us - a minority admittedly - prefer the 66/67 cars to the later models for reasons I won’t go into because I don’t want to start a pissing contest. I know we are out numbered.
Im one of them that has converted.
After driving a friend of mines 67 hemi GTX back in the early 90s I became something of a closet fan so to speak. I loved the dash cluster layout and the visibility out the rear is a noticeable upgrade as they have a much smaller C pillar

Back in 92 when I was looking for a convertible I bought a 69 GTX vert, ,my very close 2nd choice was a 67 GTX vert

I bought my 66 in Oct 2020
And if / when I get a 2nd keeper car it will be a 66-67 , BUT,,,, I REALLY want a drop top. Or a VERY high optioned hardtop. Either way an AC car will be mandatory.

It’s bid up to where anybody who takes it on now will be underwater, probably very deep underwater in the end.

It’s bid up to where anybody who takes it on now will be underwater, probably very deep underwater in the end.
But not as deep underwater as an international vacation.

hard to say.
That's going to depend on the new owners capabilities AND how long the current market stays strong.

Has there been any running driving real hemi cars pull anything below 50s in the current market?

There was a 66 Hemi Satellite the spring of 2023 at 55k on the west coast , in the pictures I saw it looked like a decent drivable car but not a show car by any means. Was one of the least desirable color combos at RR1 pale yellow with black interior, hemi 4spd was its saving grace, IMO

This is a more desirable GTX AND its factory black on black which is a top choice for a lot of buyers.

So the one who will pay the most for this GTX is someone who wants a real deal car on an inexpensive in. And maybe they can do some or all the work it needs themselves.

IMO only

I just know Im glad I bought mine when I did. No way can I write the ck it would demand today

Bid the GTX to $51k and didn’t sell. Wonder what he was expecting? Even doing your own work except maybe body and paint, someone would have to invest at least $40k more for body, paint, chrome, interior, wheels, and a thousand detail items to turn that into a #2 car or better.

That should have been enough I think. Another $50k wouldn't restore it, just refresh it I would say.

I'm not a fan of online auctions. Especially sight unseen.
you never know if the seller has someone bidding you up.
I guess decide how much your willing to pay. And don't get stupid and go nuts bidding hoping to be the "winner"

Bid the GTX to $51k and didn’t sell. Wonder what he was expecting? Even doing your own work except maybe body and paint, someone would have to invest at least $40k more for body, paint, chrome, interior, wheels, and a thousand detail items to turn that into a #2 car or better.
It was listed here a while back at 75k US

IMO to much money
He should seriously consider taking the high bid

SOLD - 1967 Plymouth Hemi GTX

That should have been enough I think. Another $50k wouldn't restore it, just refresh it I would say.
You could be right - Hemi parts are expensive as are 66/67 parts - scarce and expensive to begin with.

Didn't take/someone bid 51 [plus costs] on that car? My dad would say 'thats where two fools met...'

Didn't take/someone bid 51 [plus costs] on that car? My dad would say 'thats where two fools met...'
I said that to a person one time. I was looking at a car sitting on blocks at the edge of a swamp. He was telling me that a guy from New York City was down his way a couple of weeks prior and put 25K on the hood for this rust bucket. That's exactly what I said before thinking. I immediately got run off.

I said that to a person one time. I was looking at a car sitting on blocks at the edge of a swamp. He was telling me that a guy from New York City was down his way a couple of weeks prior and put 25K on the hood for this rust bucket. That's exactly what I said before thinking. I immediately got run off.
But you were right... :)
Hope I don't get run off here...

Auto Transport Service
Back