• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 rt

It is worth what you can get for it! A nice driver quality 67 GTX or R/T can be had for 18K- 22K based on what I've seen for sale.If your car is a real R/T, with a good interior and drivetrain, it should fall into that catagory after some investment into the body/paint. The question is how much will it cost to get it there? If the floorboards and unibody are solid the car doesn't look un-doable, just costly. Without going over the top with the paint how much would it take, 10K-12K? Based on what I saw at Carlisle I would try 8-10K, after all it is a real R/T. Put it back together enough for someone to road test it , if it drives out nice it would be a nice project for someone with skills or that loves 67 R/Ts. Good luck.P.S. I have my own money pit that is presentable but will need serious coinage when I'm ready to get into it!

It is worth what you can get for it! A nice driver quality 67 GTX or R/T can be had for 18K- 22K based on what I've seen for sale.If your car is a real R/T, with a good interior and drivetrain, it should fall into that catagory after some investment into the body/paint. The question is how much will it cost to get it there? If the floorboards and unibody are solid the car doesn't look un-doable, just costly. Without going over the top with the paint how much would it take, 10K-12K? Based on what I saw at Carlisle I would try 8-10K, after all it is a real R/T. Put it back together enough for someone to road test it , if it drives out nice it would be a nice project for someone with skills or that loves 67 R/Ts. Good luck.P.S. I have my own money pit that is presentable but will need serious coinage when I'm ready to get into it!

GTXs in the 1967 model year ALWAYS bring more money than R/Ts.

Copy that! One of the other problems with long distance buys is you'd wish you could pay a visit to the seller in person!

When I purchased my RR, it was a long distance deal and I flew out there to look at it in person...just too much risk to do it any other way.

Its a damn shame that you cant trust anyone these days. I am a handshake look in the eyes kinda guy which I guess makes me a fool?:angry1:

Not to rain any more on your parade, but I've seen much better body cars with no motor go for around $4500. I've seen one with what was supposed to be the original motor and bad body work with shiny paint (but a rough interior) not get bid past about the same price.

Not to rain any more on your parade, but I've seen much better body cars with no motor go for around $4500. I've seen one with what was supposed to be the original motor and bad body work with shiny paint (but a rough interior) not get bid past about the same price.

Thanks for your input. So in your opinion, with a perfect interior, excellent running drivetrain, and the rough body this car might bring 6-8k?

IMO the body is worth more the nicer it is.
Drivetrain and interior are "bolt ons".
Body is MUCH more labor intensive and expensive to make right.
...and it's the "body" that determines the ultimate value of the "car" since it's a WS23L R/T, and without the body, well, it isn't.

Its a damn shame that you cant trust anyone these days. I am a handshake look in the eyes kinda guy which I guess makes me a fool?:angry1:

I think i would get a estimate on what it would take to put it back in shape and then you would have a fair asking price to go by. JMO..

To answer you on a fool? NO your not, im the same way ive had to sell and buy things that i changed my mind about because i shook a mans hand or i told him i would. Being honest isint being a fool.

I think i would get a estimate on what it would take to put it back in shape and then you would have a fair asking price to go by. JMO..

To answer you on a fool? NO your not, im the same way ive had to sell and buy things that i changed my mind about because i shook a mans hand or i told him i would. Being honest isint being a fool.

Thanks Ron. Seems like alot of folks moral values are disappearing!

It's a sign of the times!Money is tight and people are doing what ever they can to unload unwanted items.So you have to be very careful when dealing on anything. The days of a hand shake deal are getting slim.Back to you car it is in the range of 6-8 thou.in my opinion.Hope you find someone that is looking for a 67 RT Good Luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back