• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Satellite convertible top frame install

bill07960

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
My intact top frame, bad vinyl, needs to be reinstalled on my now painted body, solo. Anybody done this already? Any thoughts on how? My instinct says put four hooks in the garage rafters tie it up in the air on nylon straps and back the body under it?

Thanks in advance…

ECBC9B91-DDAE-408F-9AF4-A90136069F6F.jpeg

With fresh paint, I’d highly recommend a couple of helpers to ensure you don’t get any scratches

Timely post. I’ve got the same install to do next weekend I hope.

I loosely put my 66 coronet top on, not fun. It worked well on the floor, but once in the car it worked like crap. So i gave up and went off to do another good deed.
There are shims that have to go in where it mounts, but mine seemed excessively squished together, had to be spread out.

Look forward to seeing your progress....
20211212_154629.jpg

I loosely put my 66 coronet top on, not fun. It worked well on the floor, but once in the car it worked like crap. So i gave up and went off to do another good deed.
There are shims that have to go in where it mounts, but mine seemed excessively squished together, had to be spread out.

Look forward to seeing your progress....View attachment 1344730
Guess we all decided to replace tops at the same time.

20220917_214042.jpg

20220917_214052.jpg

20220917_221139.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back