• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Satellite/GTX

Garys1969RR

Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
I have found a 67 Satellite that a guy claims is a GTX with all the options except the 440 engine. Has all the GTX emblems, but a 318 engine. Real clean, 8 3/4 rear end. Is this possible to be a real GTX with a 318? Would a 440 fit the existing small block K Member, if I used the correct motor mounts? Any help appreciated.

negative, GTX only came with a 440 or a hemi (440 standard, hemi was the option). being a satellite its probably got the delux interior which looks just like a gtx. other than that, your missing all the HD suspension, sway bar, big brakes, yadayadayda. and it would be missing the RS vin. a big block will go in on that k frame.

can look at the fender tag for all the options and also to see what it is for sure

Cool, thanks. Next question, is it worth 10 grand as it is? Very clean inside and out. New paint and lower rear quarters.

GTX= RS23...hardtop
RS27...convert
L for 440....J for hemi

if it is a 4 speed car it would have a dana..dana optional with automatic in L coded

:worthless_thread: sorry but this would nice to at least look at to come to some type of conclusion

Ok the only way I know to do it is give you the C List posting. Its St Louis, MO. Under cars 4 sale. 67 Satellite. But he is sticking to the asking price of $12 K

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know what a 67 Satellite weighs? He saying 3200 lbs.

Ok the only way I know to do it is give you the C List posting. Its St Louis, MO. Under cars 4 sale. 67 Satellite. But he is sticking to the asking price of $12 K

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know what a 67 Satellite weighs? He saying 3200 lbs.

More like 3800 lbs.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4034592382.html

Very strange ad. "All GTX options except engine"?? You couldn't order GTX emblems, trim, etc without actually ordering a GTX. I'd look this one over VERY carefully at that price. Especially in light of the misinformation already given in the ad itself.

I think it is just a Satellite with GTX badges. Not a GTX hood and can't see the 150 mph speedo. Would like to see the VIN.

Just ask for the first 5 of the vin....that tells the entire story...some dummies think they are sart when tey advertise" car has GTX package" You either have a GTX or not...and mine weighs 3600...3200 is a bit light

Smells fishy to me, I'm thinking someone blew up the 440 early on and dropped in the 318 to get it back on the road. Wouldn't a 67 318 be a poly motor?

no offense to the op. the guy posting the add is very well aware he has a satellite, he's playing the gtx card hoping some one who knows nothing about mopars will jump on his car. from those pics its obviously a satellite, bet if you pull the door panels you'll see where they filled in the side trim holes in the doors. its like saying every car from the 60's is a muscle car, this stuff is getting annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

and there not that light. i had a 67 belvedere1 i put a iron headed 440 in, 8 3/4 727 and it went 3660.

I agree, the ones really get me is the Roadrunner tribute cars. Saw one that was actually a 4 door! That's really stretching it!

- - - Updated - - -

I really want a nice 67 Satellite like this, but with a big block, 361 thru 440 is ok.

That is a Satellite, RP23 VIN, if the car is solid its probably worth 12k I guess but it needs restored under the hood. I would not pay that much you can get a GTX in similar shape for 15-20. 440 will bolt in with a big block 727 and exhaust work. Need a radiator too. The car also needs rocker trim, wheel opening moldings, a gas cap, hood scoops, a 440 hood ornament, a 150 MPH speedo, and some grill/headlight bezel and tail light panel changes/detailing to be an accurate GTX clone cosmetically, in addition to 11 inch drums, Hemi suspension (including a sway bar that it appears to have), 3/8 fuel line, and the aforementioned 440.

- - - Updated - - -

its like saying every car from the 60's is a muscle car, this stuff is getting annoying.

Yep, then people want to poo poo on American Muscle when they see a 318 Satellite run a 16.5 @ 82 mph. But where does a 440 Belvedere fit into the picture?

Auto Transport Service
Back