• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 340

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Im haveing one hell of a time finding a carb base gasget for a 68 340. .... it has a 4401 carter and IS NOT A T/Q ... some help here would be nice ..... part number .. or a boot in the rite direction .... tnx

IMG_1972.JPG

It's a Carter AVS. Carb number or not, any AVS/late AFB gasket will work. A Holley base gasket should work too.

It's a Carter AVS. Carb number or not, any AVS/late AFB gasket will work. A Holley base gasket should work too.
tryed that ... but if ya look at the intake .... the carb flange ain't square and all the stuff i tryed leaked there .... so was loking to see if there is a spacific part that mite fix it.

If I remember right (I'm old..lol) there were only two carbs that came on the earlier 340s. Carter AVS or AFB. I think that Edelbrock bought all the Carter stuff years ago and are producing the parts. Might contact them and see what they offer..if anything.

Also, the originals were an insulating black (if recall correctly) fiberboard type material about .25"
thick. Helped with vapor lock.

Also, the originals were an insulating black (if recall correctly) fiberboard type material about .25"
thick. Helped with vapor lock.
got it .... fel pro 60159 .... heavy paper over a tin core. bout .030 thick. there is so little manifold around the left rear hole that it was getting sucked in ... this took care of it ...... thanks IDRIVEMOPAR for the link.

Auto Transport Service
Back