• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68/69 charger pole

Which is your fave?

• I dig a 68 best

Votes: 87 66.4%
  • No, obviously a 69 is more cool

Votes: 44 33.6%

• Total voters
Yep 68 all the way for me. I dig the round taillites. Ron

Hmmmm... tough call. I like the grill and tail lights of the '68, but prefer the '69 dash. I just can't get past the vertical pattern and that big emblem on the '68.

Between 68 and 69 I'll take 69 but you didn't mention 70 which is my favorie

My first car in 1978 in Chicago was a clean '68 383 Orange Charger when I was 16. I paid $250.00 for it, with a blown transmission. I worked at an amoco station while in high school. Damn, wish I still had the vin number. I'd love to acquire that car today. Funny, the thoughts and things and we find ourselves holding onto in life. Isn't it? You can't relive the past. But you can LIVE in the future! Do what you enjoy, and do it NOW!

'69 the split grille with the louvers make the whole car. Also '68s didn't get the Sunroof option. Then 1968 and lastly 1970, but it depends on what engine in which year for me.

68 nice round tail lamps , clean un broken flat grille . the movie bullit . Best charger ever .

Stuie you :icon_axe: me! I love 68s myself but I wouldn't kick a 69 outta bed if ya know what I mean?!

sc00050cfd.jpg

sc0005286b.jpg

1968 Cuz I loved the chase seen in Bullit. Had a 69 Loved it also, but prefer 68. 70's are cool but did not like the front bumper. after that sorry didn't care much for any Until the new 4 door model.

IMO.

The 1969 RR looks the best.

The 1968 RR looks like striped down 69.

But both are so much better looking than the 1970 RR. It looks heavy and out of proportion, front quarter too big and the rear too long. The oversized grill was a hint at what to come in 71.

68 Chargers had the cool side markers but the horizontal 69's horizontal tail lights and split grill do it for me. And with an orange big block you can't go wrong.

'68 is my first choice, but I like the 69 too. Even though my Charger is a 68 and not a 69, and even though its black and not orange, I still get the Duke comments like, " Hey Cleatus lookit!! It one dem Duke boys!". Mine looks more like the black Charger in Bullitt, as it appears towards the end of the chase scene, but I don't hear Bullitt references.

'68 is my first choice, but I like the 69 too. Even though my Charger is a 68 and not a 69, and even though its black and not orange, I still get the Duke comments like, " Hey Cleatus lookit!! It one dem Duke boys!". Mine looks more like the black Charger in Bullitt, as it appears towards the end of the chase scene, but I don't hear Bullitt references.

Better then an older guy at least in his 40's ask what year my mustang was...

Beautiful car! I love your barn wouldn't expect that to be in there. lol

At first, I wondered, What kind of pole would be in a Charger ? light pole, fence pole... OHH ! you mean, "poll" ... as in, vote... ok, I get it now... funny, I've had both 69 & 70's, never a 68, but I like the 68 slightly more than the other 2... it's like picking from the 3 finalists of a beauty contest... I'd take any of 'em !

Auto Transport Service
Back